1,793 results
All reviews city centre the executive lounge close to the airport leisure club leisure facilities two double beds airlink bus steam room an early flight stayed here for one night family room haggis breakfast was excellent porridge princes street gym concierge
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Located close by the Edinburgh airport, is this Marriott property. It was only a few miles away, and is easily located. There is a huge parking lot for your car to be parked close to the entrance. Our check-in was fast, and we were met by very friendly, welcoming staff.

"Gary" helped us with our bags, and helped us get settled in our rooms. He was very courteous, and answered our questions and offered suggestions for dinner in the hotel.

Our family of 3 had a 1-bedroom suite, with a 1 king bed and a sofa sleeper. Each sleeping area had it's own tv (many channels), and very very comfy beds. Plenty of space for our suitcases, carry-ons, and golf clubs. The bathroom was so big with such soft towels. There was a large tub, and a separate shower. (The shower is very small small and narrow though.)

Had such a great sleep after a very long day of traveling. Thoroughly recommend this hotel! Will be writing up a review of the eateries here too. Thank you to the staff for the welcoming gifts brought to our room: the bottle of wine and the jar of sweets. Such a surprise and very much appreciated.

Thanks so much~

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank OregonExplorers4
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I travel around a bit and often stay in Edinburgh - preferring the outlying area rather than city centre, I usually stay at another Hotel brand but decided on a little change this time. Location is near the trams, buses and bypass, easy to get to and way from in the morning.
Lots of free parking, very friendly and helpful reception - the room was large with a large double and a sitting area, desk, safe, fridge and tea and coffee facilities.
There was a vending machine and ice machine nearby to the room
The room was spotless and modern

I had a couple of drinks and a bar meal and although not cheap this is Edinburgh and by such the prices were reasonable, the food was fresh and a good quantity.

Breakfast is good with a decent choice and food is kept fresh rather than served from under heat lamps - one little quibble - I was asked 3 times if I wanted tea or coffee and ended up getting my own ( not a hanging offence )

One thing I do think that should be considered is where the shower is above a bath then a non slip mat should be provided

Overall the next time in Edinburgh I will make a point to trying to book here

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Edinburgh Marriott hotel 4 nights of our 3 week vacation to the UK. We are Marriott platinum members and know that Marriott typically has a consistently superior product. Sadly this Marriott was not up to par. Having said that, there were certain members of the staff that were outstanding. Adjoined to the hotel is the Cast Iron Grill restaurant. The staff went out of their way to ensure a wonderful dining experience. I reviewed this restaurant separately, giving it 5 stars. In addition, our concierge John Douglas was the one person who ensured that our stay was not a disaster. He was helpful in every way possible. A true gentleman and professional.

So to be clear, the Cast Iron grill and John do not play into my rating.

Okay first the good: The hotel is clean. No issues there. Most of the staff that we encountered were pleasant and friendly. They had a nice gym and pool that was warm.

Now the bad: When we arrived there were several issues with the room. This was a Jr. suite mind you. First, the main electrical outlet next to the desk didn't work. The espresso machine didn't function, and the toilet seat wasn't properly secured to the toilet. Two of the items were fixed the next day. When sitting upon the throne however, we were continually reminded that item number 3 had been forgotten even after repeated requests.

Our request for extra towels and wash cloths was either ignored or forgotten. In fact two of the days we were not provided with wash cloths at all. When we asked a passing housekeeper if we could get some she told us that their washing machine was broken and that we couldn't have ANY. When we called the front desk to request some they sent up a pile of body and hand towels but no wash cloths. Crazy.

The final kicker was when my wife ordered a salad in the bar which was supposed to come with avocado and bacon, showed up with no avocado and undercooked bacon. They also charged us ₤2.5 extra for blue cheese dressing. At this point my wife was done. The server kindly offered to sort things out with the salad but as I said, my wife was done. She sent the salad back and we were refunded the cost.
Later that night we expressed our frustrations with the night Manager Christine. She was very nice and very sympathetic to what we experienced. We were offered Marriott points for our inconvenience.

Looking at each issue we experienced it's no big deal. However, the cumulative aspect of it all really got us down on this Marriott. We've stayed at many Marriott hotels and have not had this many issues in one stay. Now did it ruin our trip? No, not at all. Would I stay there again, eh, perhaps they will sort things out in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We stayed here for 3 days before the rest of our Scotland holiday. The hotel is very lovely with friendly staff happy to help out with anything they can. The morning breakfast there was great, lots to choose from, the rest of the food we had there was alright. There was fitness centre with a good size pool, hot tube, wet and dry stream room, and workout equipment. Both the pool and gym area were clean, they did have swim lessons running for littles ones. Which I though was different for a hotel pool, but it did make it more noisy. There is a bus right out front that goes into the downtown or a cab is about 20 pounds.
One thing that I didn't like was we got back a bit later one evening from a tour and the group decided to have a drink at the bar and order some food but the kitchen had closed, though you could still order some room service food. The issue I had with this is you had to order it to the room and be at the room to get sign for it. I know the if a place is serving liquor, there should be food available. We ended up grabbing the snacks we had in our rooms.
On a side not the doors to the rooms are very heavy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott before flying out on holiday.

The staff were friendly and explained the transfer process to us on check in.

The rooms were a good size and very clean.

The hotel is close to the bus stops for the city centre and airport. The tram station is about a five minute walk to the tram station. We paid £8.50 for a family ticket to the centre of Edinburgh.

Would definitely recommend the hotel for your pre or post airport hotel

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family