We stayed in the holiday inn over the Fri and Sat of the Jubilee weekend as we were visiting Edinburgh for a friends wedding. We arrived quite late and was greeted by a very friendly lady on the front desk, I paid up front for the room for the 2 nights and got our key she then asked us if we wanted to include breakfast as it was £9.95 now but if we were to buy it in the morning it would be £13.99!!!! so we decided it would be easier to just have the breakfast here as we needed to get ready for the wedding quite early so my fiance bought the breakfast for us both at £9.95 each. We got up to our room it was very clean and tidy, bit puzzled we had 2 double beds but hey ho. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was very clean with an excellent shower and the view of Edinburgh castle was amazing . We had a very good nights sleep although it was a little cold during the night but thats not Holiday Inns fault.
The next morning we got up and dressed for breakfast, went downstairs and was shown to our seats by a very friendly waitress she brought us over tea and coffee and told us to help ourselves, we had the full english (I use the word full loosely) I piled my plate with beans, mushrooms, a hash brown, a couple of rashers of bacon and a sausage! There was NO EGG I was a little surprised by this but not to bothered would have like an egg but no worries, we sat down and I started to tuck in but everything apart from the hash brown was FREEZING cold, not luke warm or a little cold but freezing! I ate it as we didn't know what time the meal was going to be at the wedding and we didn't have time to go out now and get something else, also the fact we had paid nearly £10 each for this! I was very dissapointed with this as it's not cheap and when we went over to boots for some essentials us ladies need when attending a wedding we noticed sainsbury's across the road had a proper full scottish breakfast for £4.99 gutted!! But we live and learn.... I think it would be better if they took your order and made it fresh or at least have the food behind the scenes being kept warm for when you want it. Just a suggestion.
Another thing that happened too was when we come back from the wedding our room door was left unlocked, the handle was slightly down and I did think that looks like its open, I pushed the handle down further and hey presto it opened, housekeeping had been in and obvioulsy hadn't closed the door properly we checked everything was still there which it was and phoned down to the front desk to make them aware of what had happened, it wouldn't have been to bad but our room was right in front of the lift so anyone coming out could have noticed the same. It must have been unlocked for some time too as housekeeping was making their way down the hallway as we left for the wedding. But enough of the moaning. haha
Staff were very friendly and helpul, we needed an iron which they provided at no extra cost and there is a luggage store for when you check out and want to go into town or something before you leave to catch your plane or train. Overall it was comfortable and served it's purpose we would go back but they do need to address the breakfast and housekeeping need to double check they have locked the rooms before moving on!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Settle in to one of our 101 modern guest bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West. Located over 7 floors and tastefully decorated throughout, our bedrooms in Edinburgh offer splendid views over Leith port, Edinburgh Castle or the scenic Pentlands Hills.Our rooms have recently received the new look Holiday Inn treatment and been revitalised with new bedding, soft furnishings and our unique pillow menu offering a choice of fillings and comfort levels to ensure that you get a great night’s sleep.The Holiday Inn Edinburgh City West hotel offers you an excellent base for exploring the famous city of Edinburgh, located only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh's bustling city centre and a mere 2 miles from the world famous Edinburgh Castle! Leave your car in our complimentary car park and hop on a bus to the city centre, it only takes 10 minutes! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West Scotland