All reviews tuck box garden room beautiful hotel baba restaurant roxburghe hotel head concierge rose st wedding venue deluxe room poached eggs little touches restaurants and shops nice breakfast fresh milk late check luxury hotel spa facilities
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

From we arrived until we left during our two days we were treated like royalty. Precious memories made and the most delicious breakfast and lunch in this beautiful 5 star hotel. The bar was hip and trendy as well. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and courteous always. Nothing was to much trouble. We most definitely will return

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Rossa29,

Thank you for your 5* review of Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square.

It's fantastic to read you had a fantastic stay with us and the staff were courteous and helpful. I am glad to read you will definately return.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

When we arrived the concierge took our car away and we didn’t have to worry about it for the next 3 days, I know we pay for it but the parking in Edinburgh is limited.
The hotel is lovely and all staff are very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are excellent, very comfortable bed and pillows, we had a balcony looking to the castle which was spectacular.
Excellent shower

1  Thank Dogsey
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Dogsey,

Thank you for your 5* review of Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square.

It's fantastic to read you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed your Castle view room from your balcony.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

What a hotel! From welcome to check out the staff were lovely, polite and no request was too much trouble.

Food in the Garden room was exceptional. My husband says is the best steak he has ever had, and he has a lot of steak!

Room was lovely and clean, bathroom small but perfectly formed. The TV in our room was at a really odd position at the side of the bed but in fairness we were up in the rafters so there wasn't anywhere else to put it.

Would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Natalie H,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the food from our delicious Garden menu and "it was the best steak you've ever had!"

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I booked 2 single rooms for 3 nights via Booking.com in order to visit the Edinburgh Festival this past weekend. I am writing this on August 14, 2018.
Each room was almost £330 per night excluding breakfast, which is exorbitant for what is only an average hotel with
I booked about one month in advance, and you have to pay entirely in advance which I did.
Luckily I checked my AMEX statement before I arrived.
They had charged me for 3 rooms instead of 2. I sent numerous emails to them complaining at the error, and they only replied to one, saying that they would look at it.
They never got back to me. On arrival I raised the matter with the reception staff. They agreed it was an error. However there was not a single word of apology. And they assured me the additional charge had been credited back to me.
When I checked my AMEX statement again today, this proved to be a falsehood.
They have not credited it back at all.
whilst the staff are enthusiastic foreign immigrants who try very hard and are very cheerful, there was clearly a lack of adequate management supervision generally in this establishment, and I would never stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank supersilk
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Superskilk,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have had billing issues, this is not something I would expect as the majority of our guests experience a seamless billing process. It of course was not our intention to deceive you in anyway and as per any credit card refund the amount would be available within 5 working days.

In regards to the rest of your review, colleagues from throughout the world are welcome to work in our property and I am proud we are able to celebrate diversity in the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our three nights at Principal Hotel Charlotte Square - great location, great breakfast, pleasant staff - great recommendation and reservation for dinner by concierge/front desk staff. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear WLM2017,

Many Thanks for your 5* review of Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the hotel's central location and restaurant recommendations by our Front of House team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.