The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 150
US$ 325
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$ 182
  • Restaurant
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 135
Agoda.com
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 152
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstuck boxgarden roombeautiful hotelgreat touchesroxburgh hotelreal milk in the fridgebooked this hotel onlinenewly refurbished hotelhotel deserveschocolate biscuitshelpful member of staffjunior suitesrose stsmashed avocadofamily weekendtrendy hotelincluded in the room rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed many times when the Roxburgh. Wow refurbishment excellent. Staff as always first class. Cannot wait to return. If you are looking for a well located hotel, with first class staff, excellent food then look no further. Beautiful rooms at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Any requests speak to staff, they are so,helpful
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Gillian M, Manager at The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Footdee,

Thank you for such a positive review. I really do appreciate the time you spent leaving such a review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the colleagues, food and accommodation were to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a 2 night break having booked a superior room.Overall we were happy with the hotel and more especially with Edinburgh itself. A few small issues though....we drove passed the hotel twice trying to find it before we noticed the very small name plate on the wall; the snacks, beverages and toiletries were minimal in the room ...one biscuit to share! We had to move rooms after the first night due a dripping gutter that tapped away all night...though the room we were moved to was splendid..and if we'd had this room to start with we probably wouldn't have felt short changed on the snacks and toiletries. On a positive note the staff were great, breakfast was fab...especially in the garden room and the location of the hotel was ideal for exploring Edinburgh. We paid for a parking space which worked well too. We'd definitely return.

Dear Sharon L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square.

I am glad you were able to enjoy ‘The Garden’ and the staff were attentive and helpful.

Please accept my apologies for having to move rooms but I understand that our Concierge team took care of you and I am pleased that you enjoyed the second room you stayed in.

I am pleased to read that this would not deter you from staying with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hote again when you visit Edinburgh.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had our wedding on the 31st of March at the hotel and we can honestly say the entire staff at the Principle on Charlotte square could not have made our day any more amazing.

From the moment we arrived everything was taken care of right down to the smallest of detail and on the actual wedding day we had absolute nothing to do but relax and enjoy our day along with our guests.

Oskar Senior Wedding coordinator:

Right from the start when we booked back in February 2017 the service and dedication received by Oskar was outstanding and he could not have done enough to facilitate anything we requested, his guidance along with the impeccable precision in which the hotel plan weddings left us with very little to do meaning very little stress during the entire process.

Avinash - Wedding coordinator & Host.

Throughout the day Avinash was the most gracious of hosts and we are overly grateful for his assistance during the day which went to military precision.

Gavin - Head concergie at the hotel.

The service received by this man made our entire stay the most memorable and Gavin is none other than a credit to the Hotel group and to Edinburgh.

Gavin arranged for us to have exclusive use of the library area on the Friday evening to hold a drinks reception for our guests which was a lovely gesture and something we had not actually paid for as part of our package, and we are so appreciative to the Gavin and his team for allowing us to do this on the Friday as it was the nicest of touches to begin our wedding weekend.

As we stayed in the hotel from the Thursday and moved rooms a couple of times Gavin also arranged for his colleagues to move our luggage etc, the entire concergie team were outstanding throughout and make the hotel stand out far above the rest.

James - Hotel Concergie.

James is another example of the upmost professional and genuinely nice person who honestly could not have done enough to help Shaun and I and our all of our guests who commented on how lovely, professional and friendly James was.

I am not exaggerating when I say that James along with Gavin looked after us and our guests to a degree of celebrity status, I almost felt out of place at times but completely in a good way as we are pretty normal lads. This was 5star service throughout.

All of the staff at the hotel could not have done more to ensure we had the most amazing day and we genuinely do have heartfelt love and appreciation for all the effort they put into ensuring our day was amazing.

To all the staff members who we have not been able to name - Thank You!

Food was excellent and all our guests commented on how good the food and service was and also how respectful all members of staff were to our guests.

I really cannot think of a single thing I could say I would of liked to have seen done differently during the entire process from start to finish and on the day its self, if there was criticism to be said I am the type of person who would voice this more so for the hotel to improve upon but I can honestly say nothing could of been done any better than how the day went.

To the entire Principle Edinburgh Charlotte Square team - Thank you so much for the most amazing day.

Mark & Shaun

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank M87

Dear Shaun and Mark,

I am so pleased that you chose to spend your special day with us at the hotel. I am even more pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your day and that my colleagues were able to ensure your day went without a hitch.

I am glad Gavin, James, Oskar, Awinash and the rest of the team were able to make this an unforgettable experience for you, your families and friends.

I will certainly pass on your appreciation and thanks to the team, but I know they all enjoyed being able to deliver that special day for you both.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square,

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Although the hotel building is old but it’s remodeled inside. We actually like such new-classic decoration style.

The hotel is located close to the famous Edinburgh Castle and there are many choices of restaurants nearby.

We stayed in its deluxe double room which is roomy, clean, and fully facilitated.

The only thing we don’t like is the parking. Visitors have to park in public parking lot that is 10 mins away by walking. We won’t say it’s a joyful experience to carry luggage and walk through busy streets.

Dear ryanlK733ND,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that your accommodation was to your liking, the location was convenient for you and that you appreciated our recent refurbishment and interior decoration.

On your next visit to us, please contact the concierge desk once you have booked and subject to availability they will hopefully be able to book you into the car park underground the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a short break with my husband. From the moment we stepped through the door the service we received was excellent, very warm and friendly.
The room was excellent, very clean and with everything we needed to hand or a quick phone call to reception away.
We did not eat in the hotel but the restaurant and food choices looked lovely.
We will DEFINITELY be back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheekymuttley

Dear Cheekymuttley.

Thank you very much for such a positive and kind review of the hotel following your recent stay with us at Principal Charlotte Square.

I am pleased to read that you had everything you needed during your stay and the service was excellent from our warm and friendly team.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,