All reviews honesty bar complimentary sherry four poster bed spa bath honor bar city centre the main house shortbread biscuits day ticket drawing room bus service main road minute bus ride small hotel lovely hotel free car park leave the car
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was put up for one night on a work visit and checked in to find the promised sherry and shortbread in my room in the Lodge attached to the main house. A universal key gets you through all main doors and into your room, so you can stay out late without any problem. The room was comfortable and clean, but beginning to show signs of wear - a dressing table was very rickety, the top of the tap and part of the showerhead came away when used. The breakfast was excellent with haggis and black pudding available - always to be tried in Scotland. The staff were friendly and obliging.

Room tip: ASk for the Lodge or an upper floor away from the main road.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here for 2 days and loved our stay here, spacious clean room, great breakfast and super helpful staff...Sean especially really helped us with info , bookings etc the location was central to a lot of things.

Nice lounge area for customers to enjoy..

Reviewed 31 October 2018

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in October to attend my brother's wedding. I chose the property as it was one of the only hotels in the area with a for real American king size bed (not a European king which is really a Queen). The building is absolutely charming and cozy. First floor area with a serve yourself honor bar and huge fireplace. Restaurant (breakfast is included and delicious!) serves am/pm breakfast and dinner. Our room was the largest of the rooms and was so nice. Four poster bed and huge bay windows. The bathroom is VERY small, but we didn't mind. Super easy trip from the airport and only a 10 minute bus ride/drive into the downtown area and the Royal Mile. Walked to an awesome spot for fish & chips recommended by the staff. Front desk people were very helpful and nice. No noise from other guests or rooms at night. Bed was super comfortable. It isn't the Four Seasons, but I would absolutely stay there again!

Room tip: Rooms are all listed on their web site individually.
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Found Kildonan after trawling through the internet for hours for one night while we attended an event in Edinburgh, Requirements were parking, walk in shower and not too many stairs. All of these were provided with such helpfulness and courtesy. The room was beautiful and very comfortable, the shower room stunning; we had everything we needed and more. The sherry in the room was a bonus and added a touch of fun and luxury to our all too brief stay. Both when we arrived and at breakfast the staff were helpful, warm and charming. I am so delighted to have found this gem of a hotel, and should I need to stay overnight in Edinburgh again, I would look no further. I will certainly recommend it to anyone needing accommodation in the city.

Room tip: Parking level rooms available for those with limited mobility.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We spent the first three nights of our Scotland trip at Kildonan Lodge Hotel. We were travelling as a group of 5 and needed three rooms. Our rooms were in the lodge out back so it felt like we had a place of our own. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The honor bar was very convenient. We were able to use the conservatory in the and spent a very relaxing evening there discussing our trip.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
KildonanLodgeHotel, Manager at Kildonan Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with the Kildonan team.

We are delighted to hear that you spent a relaxing evening in the Lodge conservatory and enjoyed your time at the Kildonan Lodge Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards