2,716 results
All reviews princes street great location scott monument privilege room castle view waverley station christmas market bit dated superior room central location few minutes walk haggis short break lovely room royal mile jenners buses
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I loveeee this hotel simply because of its location. When I opened the curtain in our room, I was pleasantly surprise with the magnificent view! I could see Scotts Monument, Edinburgh castle, Princes Garden, etc.

The hotel itself is a bit old, tired and outdated but in a way it gave a more 'authentic' feeling as you are surrounded by old, beautiful buildings anyway.

Breakfast is standard, after 3 days eating the same things it could get a bit boring buuut the view from the restaurant is unbeatable. So I dont care if I have to eat English breakfast everyday as long as I have "breakfast with a view".

It can be a bit noisy as the room is not soundproof. But for us, it's not a biggie.

The room has no fridge, so it's a bit tricky if you want to keep some sandwich or drinks.

Verdict: I am so so so happy I chose this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Guest,
What a great review and we thank you for it. We are pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Having spent Easter in Edinburgh celebrating Steve’s 50th. The group spent a lot of their time at the Mercure hotel- Princess street ( some stayed over ) the food, service, staff and standards at the Hotel where First Class. It made our time extra special and memorable.
I will be recommending family and friends to stay.

Many thanks

Michelle Short.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you sincerely for this wonderful five star review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Ideal location if you’re looking for somewhere in the city centre as it’s only a five minute walk from Waverley Station. The rooms are a little tired and could do with some upgrading but the bed was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately there were no front-facing rooms left so we had a brick wall view instead of Princes Street. Check-in staff were very friendly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We certainly hope to look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs updated the sofas in the bar area are old worn and filthy the dinning chairs weren't any better the carpets threadbare this place looks like it hasn't been remodernised since the eighties.

The bedrooms we were given a double room, view to fire escape but I understand we all can't get a room with a view but it had a small double bed pushed up to the window with a single headboard attached to the wall so was obviously a single room, got that changed after complaining got another room bit better with proper double bed but you need to upgrade bedding duvets are so thin and no top sheet.
No hot water at 8am for shower so had cold one.

Food was reasonably good and breakfast had good selection.

Such a shame as this hotel has beautiful views if you manage to get a room with one and is in a great location I guess this is what keeps people booking.

Would not recommend certainly not to my oversea friends.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We do have a refurbishment scheduled this year for our public areas. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I will share your comments with our team,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Traveled to this amazing city about 3 years ago as part of a family trip to Europe. This hotel is in a prime location, our room had a great view of the main street. We had breakfast for the two days we stayed, standard pastries fruits and meats etc. Great way to start the day. We didn't stay in the hotel most of the time, we were out and about walking around and visiting the museums and everything Edinburgh had to offer. Will def. visit again in the future.

Room Tip: get the city view room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family