“First Class Spa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
edinburgh
“First Class Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Just returned from a day spa here and had a brilliant time, I booked only a couple of hours before I arrived, and was surprised to note that Norton House is the only Spa in Scotland who offer online booking ! anyway, treatments were amazing, the girls were friendly and very accommodating, the facilities are really clean and it felt like I was the only person there - My package included a two course lunch which was delicious. One of the best Spas I;ve ever been to - will definately book again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mansaclaire
Ronnie_MacKay, General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of our Spa here at Norton House Hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your treatments and lunch. I will ensure that the team in the Spa are aware of your comments; I am sure they will be very encouraged by them.

Kind Regards

R MacKay
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Bedroom/bathroom fresh and tasteful. Exceptionally comfortable bed. Attentive reception staff. Beautiful surroundings. If I was pushed, I'd have to say breakfast (full cooked aspect) was not great and service slow. But for me it would be unfair to focus on that when we left feeling we had a very good stay here.

Room Tip: This was a standard room (208) one of the cheapest I think. It had lovely views too!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for posting a lovely review of Norton House Hotel and Spa after you recent stay with us. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I acknowledge your comment regarding your breakfast and I trust that this did not detract too much from the enjoyment of your stay. hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Norton House in the future.

Kind regards.

ST. ANDREWS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Hotel is worthy of 5 stars - staff were exceptionally helpful - especially Jennifer on reception - the food was to die for and my treatments from Rose were just out of this world - only one complaint - we had to leave. Will certainly return hopefully in the not to distant future - I am really fussy but this place is Wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a glowing review of your recent visit to Norton House Hotel and Spa. I was delighted to read what a good time you had and how much you enjoyed your Spa Treatments and food. I will ensure that Jennifer and Rose in particular are made aware of how much they pleased you. I look forward to seeing you return to Norton House in the near future.

Kind regards

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Beautiful setting, only stayed for 1 night and really enjoyed our stay.
Used the gym and pool which were really good. Staff all very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review of Norton House Hotel and Spa after your visit to us in June. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and I will ensure that the team are made aware of you kind comments. I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards

Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 9 June as I attended a wedding reception there. The reception was lovely decor beautiful and food gorgeous. Different altogether from the room. I booked an Executive room at a cost of £156 for one night. The tv in the bathroom did not work, there were obviously pipes running through the bathroom to other parts of the hotel which made constant noise. I had a tv less bath then found only one towel in the bathroom. One towel in this class of hotel and type of room? I eventually found another in the top of the wardrobe.

When I opened the patio door I couldn't close it again. A metal plate was loose at the top of the door which prevented it closing. On tip toes and using the key fob and some ingenuity I managed eventually to get the door locked. This room was on the ground floor right next to the road and being a lone female I found this very disconcerting. I called reception to report these faults but as it was 11pm decided to decline the offer of someone coming to my room. Again, the nervousness of a lone female.

Ever heard of a hotel giving a guest a time limit in which to eat a room service breakfast? I had breakfast delivered. The breakfast was distinctly average, the tea and toast were cold. The person delivering the breakfast asked me if he could collect the train 30 minutes. Of course I refused.

When I checked out I relayed my complaints to the receptionist about the tv, the breakfast and the door. He could not find a record of me reporting the door and tv the previous night. He wrote these down and took my phone number and email address and said someone would contact me. I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Avoid room 510
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at Norton House for a wedding in June. I was sorry to read the points you raised in you review but when we don't get things quite right it is important that we know about them so that we can rectify them. I know that you spoke with my Deputy Manager in person around these comments and I trust that you found his explantion and apology acceptable.

Kind Regards