All reviews busy road city centre friendly and helpful owners queensferry road main road off road parking local bus route clean and comfortable accommodation nice guesthouse close to the airport fresh milk in the fridge local amenities family stay perfect hosts pleasant stay leave the car scottish breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Thomas and Anjoe make perfect hosts. Location is ideal for those with a car, on a busy thoroughfare in and out of Edinburgh, with ample parking. Public transit is also a cinch as the Skyline 200 runs from the airport to downtown and passes a minute walk away.

Room tip: Wifi was great, fridge was stocked with water and milk for tea.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AcerLodge17, Owner at Acer Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Thank you for a wonderful stay and a great breakfast!!! Perfect place for us to stay as the staff/owners were great, the rooms were extremely clean and ready for visitors. We would certainly recommend here as a lovely Guest House

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dmcgee287687
AcerLodge17, Owner at Acer Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Couldn't do enough to help, so hospitable and friendly, very convenient location, lovely spacious room, all amenities needed in the bathroom, great shower pressure, delicious high quality breakfast with lots of choice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AcerLodge17, Owner at Acer Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Day 1: Though I had emailed our host in Edinburgh about leaving our bags at the house early, and what bus to take from the airport. Later learnedt their response wasn’t accurate. The bus station at the airport asked if their street was north or south and we had no idea. Thinking bus drivers usually know their area we exited the bus as he instructed. In the end we walked 3 miles with luggage. Upon our arrival, host didn’t seem interested in any of this.
Day 2: First Breakfast I ordered eggs Benedict. Looked good. After the second bite, I found a long strand of black hair in my eggs. (I am blonde) Pulled it out onto my toast plate. A few bites later I found another hair. Ick. Then a couple more bites I found a 3rd. I was disgusted. That should not happen. After a few minutes the husband who was serving came and asked how things were. I pointed to my plate with 2 hairs on it and my fork pointing to the 3rd still in my eggs. There was no response.
When we left the dining room the kitchen door was open. Her hair was not tied back. It looked the same the following day. Next breakfast I ordered something she wouldn’t have to ‘cook’.
Would never return here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AcerLodge17, Owner at Acer Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Kim

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us. Tripadvisor is a great forum for sharing and our consisitenly positive review from guests is recognised with Certificate of Excellence 2018.

First of all, we feel sorry that you walked 3 miles with luggage. However you never mentioned about it upon your arrival or during your stay. We are on one of the airport bus route therefore quite often we have guests arrive by airport bus. The same informations we are giving and never heard any complaint so far. Thanks for highlighting it to us anyway. We shall contact Lothian Bus to see how we could do it better to avoid this happen again in future (perhaps their bus drivers need staff training).

As for the breakfast, we would like to reassure our guests that we adhere strictly to food safety and hygiene regulations. In fact, this is the first ever complaint we had (and we could ensure that this is the last), being in the business for over 10 years. We took it serious - we apologised and offered to change your egg benedict but you refused. The plate came back "nearly empty".

We pride ourselves for customer service over the years. We work hard to make sure all our guests leave the property with a happy smile. We always ask during check out if there is anything guests are not happy about and hopefully we could get things right before they leave. Sadly not all the guests are willing to communicate.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we do hope to welcome you back just so we could make things right.

Thank you.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I have to admit to having not expected a great deal from the Acer lodge but believe me on the breakfast alone they would give some 4 starred Edinburgh hotels we have stayed at a run for there money. It was a little strange not having our own ensuite but for one night this was not an issue. Enjoyed our brief stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AcerLodge17, Owner at Acer Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018