2,523 results
All reviewshunter squareroyal milegreat locationcentral locationrooms are smalltrain stationstreet noisetwin roombuffet breakfastpubs and restaurantsshort stayprincess streetcastleadvocateearplugshairdryersuitcases
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The rooms are spacious and clean overlooking the city.A bit noisy on weekends,The hotel is right in the center of the Old Town ,Edinburgh.The breakfast spread is decent.The staff is warm and friendly.The check in was quick.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear arun j

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us such a great comment :)
Hopefully we get to welcome you again next time you are in Edinburgh.

best wishes

Reviewed 13 August 2018

My stay was in the Edinburgh Fridge Festival period, the hotel was really well situated to get to all venues also very close to Waverley Train Station. The square outside the hotel had street entertainment (acts) of all types from mid morning until late in the evening, it was rather noisy with both the acts and crowds cheering. I had requested a quiet room and was in the rear of the hotel, given the outside noise, it was surprisingly quiet. The hotel staff were all very helpful, it was my first visit to Edinburgh, help and advice from the staff was spot on. I would return to this hotel if I visited Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JillW905

Dear JillW905

Thank you so much for your 4 star review! We are super happy to hear you have had such a great experience with us and you enjoyed the festival, thank you for mentioning our hard working staff, it is always nice to hear positive feedback about us :)

Reviewed 13 August 2018

a small, well situated hotel, right in the heart of things - clean rooms, well organised and efficient staff go out of their way to help.would certainly use this hotel again. Spent time here just before the fringe event - so Edinburgh was busy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear janice562018

WOW! Check those 5 stars out :)
Thank you sooooo much for your kind words, we would love to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Location is great but the service at check in was lousy. They forced me to pay in total the due amount (even I requesting to pay at check-out) and they did not give me a receipt of the full amount that was paid. The receipt was later delivered by the manager. The next day, I saw that another guest was allowed to make payment at check out. Why this difference? The hotel was prejudiced with us
Also, I suspect that the bathroom was not cleaned during my stay. As soon as we arrived, there was little soap inside the bathroom but I did not say anything because I imagined that the next day, during cleaning, the same would be re-filled. However, on the second day the re-fillment did not happen. So, to make it easier, I removed the empty bottle from inside the shower place and placed it on top of the sink, so that the cleaning person would see that it was empty, but again, there was no replacement.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruno B

Dear Bruno B,

Thank you very much for your feedback,

I am deeply sorry to hear you felt like we treated you differently but this is really something we have to do, we always take payments on check in- or pre-authorize the cards to then pay on check out, its just a form of guarantee.

I will pass on the bathroom issues you experienced- that is obviously not something we wanted to happen and we would like to apologize for this in name of the whole housekeeping and Ibis team, If you have further concerns or would like to talk to us more about this please email us under h2039@accor.com.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

This superb hotel is situated in a brilliant location in the centre of Edinburgh. It is a five minute walk from the main train station and is within easy walking distance of all the main tourist attractions including Edinburgh Castle. The Royal Mile is next to the hotel and there are numerous good restaurants and pleasant bars in the nearby vicinity. Stops for the "Hop on / Hop off" city tour buses are within a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. Given its prime location this hotel is without doubt a perfect base for exploring Edinburgh. We stayed two nights at this hotel in a “Sweet Room” which was very well appointed and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and there was no street noise to disturb any sleep. The room was supplied with a hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Free unlimited Wifi was also supplied. We stayed on a room only basis. We did not have any meals in the hotel so I cannot comment on the standard of food. Other guests we spoke to however said that the breakfasts they had in the hotel were excellent. The hotel has a nice bar area which has a great ambience to it. It was a great place to chill out in after a day out in the city. Bar prices were very reasonable. This hotel has a number of outstanding features including location, standard of rooms etc; however one of the most outstanding features about this hotel is the attitude of the staff. They were all exceptionally helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. They went out of their way to ensure that we had a lovely time and their friendly attitude helped to make our stay even more memorable. It goes without saying that I would highly recommend this hotel to others as I intend to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Simon G, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear John B!

I got goosebumps reading your lovely review, thanks so much for your very detailed comment, its a pleasure to hear you had a good stay with us but even nicer reading such a positive feedback!

We really enjoyed having you with us, thanks for mentioning the staff too! I will definitely hang this comment in our wall of fame so everyone gets to see it!

Thanks again :)