The Ibis brand is best known as a "cheap and cheerful" style of hotel which often caters to business travellers or budget tourists in Europe. This one was no exception. The location right on the Royal Mile is excellent for a quick weekend getaway for singles or couples, although I wouldn't recommend more than 2 in a room (including children) as they are on the small side, even for Europe. The bed was comfortable and the room I had was clean and well maintained. Prices will vary but if you can get this for a reasonable price you will be glad you booked it. Do note that on weekends, most hotels on the Royal Mile will have a noise issue due to the volume of people in the bars late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland