All reviews juniper bar princes street train station british hotel ihg hotels aveda toiletries complimentary snacks excellent location travelling by train walk in shower wardrobe space lovely hotel tourist sites rain shower building site scott monument mini bar
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The hotel is directly opposite the station entrance and the initial thought was, this is not like the other Indigo hotels. The entrance spoils the image for me, sorry.
The hotel is OK but my room was very cold, even after trying to get the heating controlled.
The bar area is small, and there is a lounge area which is relaxing and warm.
Checking in was slower than normal but the staff were very friendly, especially in the breakfast area in the morning.
I had a lovely seat on both days overlooking the castle and the choice of breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: At the front, as there is building work to the rear. Although earplugs are offered which is a good consideration for guests.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh - Princes Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Hi Christopher B,

I greatly appreciate you choosing our Hotel Indigo Edinburgh Princess Street for one of your recent stays. It's unfortunate that our location was not to your satisfaction and that the temperature in the room you had did not meet your standards.

On the other hand, I'm delighted that you had a great time during breakfast and that you were exceptionally happy with the overall service you received from our hotel staff. IHG always wants your stay to be as comfortable as it could be. Know that all your comments are well taken into account and will be shared with our hotel corporate database for further improvements.

Again, thanks for staying and I hope we could welcome you back soon. Wishing you a splendid holiday!

Regards,

Danelle A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location- lovely hotel- bed room fantastic however felt a little small due
to the big furniture in the room - complimentary mini bar was a lovely touch as well - bar and restaurant very experience but worth it - all in all a good stay and would definitely return the location is perfect - straight across from the train station perfect

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed here for the Xmas festivities, great location. Apart from a little problem with our room when we arrived, quickly rectified we had a great stay. Nice room at the front, we were not disturbed by any noise from outside, Nice staff ( Manager was brilliant, such a nice person ) Dining room was an amazing room as was the breakfast. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Had a fantastic couple of days here with a friend. Room was lovely, bed was super comfy and staff were great and so so friendly without being sickly. Location is perfect and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was opposite a building site, but the hotel provides ear plugs, so no worries!!
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017

A Strange mix of high and low quality. The restaurant was the highlight of the experience with a lovely menu, well prepared, beautiful surroundings and fantastic service, (thanks especially to Craig). The location cannot be beaten and suited perfectly for a theatre trip, traveling by train. Bar and bar staff were also very good.
The rooms look nice on the surface but are showing signs of wear and tear and the housekeeping was disappointing. If we hadn't already unpacked I'd have asked to move when I saw the toilet hadn't been cleaned properly. As it was, I cleaned it myself in the interest of time, thinking everything else at least seemed to be in order. I don't expect to find holes in the sheets in an IHG hotel, nor specks of blood on the bathroom curtains. Bit of a let down on the overall experience which is a shame as it could have been impressive.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh - Princes Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear scotchmist428883

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience in Twenty Princes Street and I know Craig will be even more pleased to see how much he contributed to this.

Sorry to hear that we missed out on a 5* review with some basic housekeeping errors which we will address with the team immediately.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Stephen Williams