US$ 214
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 904
US$ 766
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjuniper barprinces streetbritish hoteltrain stationaveda toiletriesihg hotelscomplimentary snacksexcellent locationtravelling by trainwalk in showerbuilding sitewardrobe spacetourist sitesrain showereggs benedicthotel is perfectscott monument
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location- lovely hotel- bed room fantastic however felt a little small due
to the big furniture in the room - complimentary mini bar was a lovely touch as well - bar and restaurant very experience but worth it - all in all a good stay and would definitely return the location is perfect - straight across from the train station perfect

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed here for the Xmas festivities, great location. Apart from a little problem with our room when we arrived, quickly rectified we had a great stay. Nice room at the front, we were not disturbed by any noise from outside, Nice staff ( Manager was brilliant, such a nice person ) Dining room was an amazing room as was the breakfast. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Had a fantastic couple of days here with a friend. Room was lovely, bed was super comfy and staff were great and so so friendly without being sickly. Location is perfect and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was opposite a building site, but the hotel provides ear plugs, so no worries!!
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2017

A Strange mix of high and low quality. The restaurant was the highlight of the experience with a lovely menu, well prepared, beautiful surroundings and fantastic service, (thanks especially to Craig). The location cannot be beaten and suited perfectly for a theatre trip, traveling by train. Bar and bar staff were also very good.
The rooms look nice on the surface but are showing signs of wear and tear and the housekeeping was disappointing. If we hadn't already unpacked I'd have asked to move when I saw the toilet hadn't been cleaned properly. As it was, I cleaned it myself in the interest of time, thinking everything else at least seemed to be in order. I don't expect to find holes in the sheets in an IHG hotel, nor specks of blood on the bathroom curtains. Bit of a let down on the overall experience which is a shame as it could have been impressive.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh - Princes Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear scotchmist428883

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience in Twenty Princes Street and I know Craig will be even more pleased to see how much he contributed to this.

Sorry to hear that we missed out on a 5* review with some basic housekeeping errors which we will address with the team immediately.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Stephen Williams

Reviewed 17 November 2017

The hotel is a surprising gem that has a lot to offer. It's not ideal for families, but for singles and couples it's great. It's across the street from the Waverley Train Station and underground mall, and on busy Princes Street, and in walking distance of most things. (HINT: To get to the hotel from the station, do not exit on Market Street! Go the other direction and then just cross the street. Otherwise you'll have to walk around the station and cross Market Bridge to get there.) The Hop On/Hop off buses are also available to pick up across the street, too, and New Town is a few blocks behind it. Old town is right across the bridge.

When you walk up to the entrance it doesn't see like much (just a doorway with a sign!), but once you walk in and go up you realize it's a charming establishment.
Aside from the location, the hotel offers cozy rooms and large showers. My room (301) had a back wall of cut books and a window looking out to Princes Street and a great few of the Old Town, including the castle. There were free snacks in the minibar and Aveda brand toiletries. These are all bonuses that were much appreciated. The staff was friendly and the room cleaned well. The heat was warm enough without being stuffy. There was a notice about the availability of earplugs (Princes Street can get busy, especially on weekends), but I had no problem sleeping whatsoever, and I'm an insomniac.

I was there during a slow November weekend, so the restaurant wasn't really full. But the food was good, and the breakfast (if you paid for it) included a full buffet spread of continental breakfast items ranging from fresh breads and charcuterie to berry smoothies, fruits, and other things. Your breakfast also includes a hot meal option, ranging from porridge to eggs and bacon and other items. I thought the amount of money I paid was well worth it...it would sustain me until mid-afternoon. The free snacks (including bottled water) I took with me during the day or munched on when relaxing in the evening. If you don't want to pay for breakfast, COSTA is across the street for your coffee/pastry needs, and there are plenty of other coffee shops throughout the overall area.

I had a thoroughly good time in Edinburgh, and the hotel was a big part of this. I feel that it was a very good deal. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter, but rooms facing Prince street or side streets have great views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank craftyphd

Dear craftyphd

Many thanks for your detailed review. Lots of comments on here that will help travellers who are unfamiliar with Edinburgh or who just need some more advice on the details of our location.

We have a lot of added extras that we like to surprise our guests with and its really nice to see them recognised within a guest review.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Stephen Williams