All reviews georgian house city centre frequent bus service bus routes stayed for nights fringe festival a lovely stay would stay here again
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Me and my partner absolutely loved staying here, we apologise for such a late review (only just got the hang of this) but after staying in what seemed to be 5* we can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Ashlyn. So convenient for getting to and from the centre and our hosts were so kind and helped us with any questions we had about Edinburgh. The only downfall was the bathroom but we can completely understand due to the age of the house that constructionally that is the only way the rooms can be set out.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Stayed in room 4, a beautiful room overlooking the main road, but very little noise from the traffic and this did not disturb us. I live in a very quiet cul de sac, in the middle of a very quiet estate, so not used to any traffic noise. The room looked just like the pictures on the website. Very comfortable and visually appealing. Breakfast was top class, especially the potato scone. The fruit was very fresh, and was ideal to start the morning. Service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. Although not in the centre, we did walk there twice. Three buses pass outside and are very regular. We bought day tickets for the bus, which were very useful, as we went back in the afternoon. Will certainly want to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Ashlyn21, Owner at Ashlyn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Pamela thank you so much for your positive review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We like to provide a hearty breakfast for travellers and we are so glad you enjoyed it- I'll pass on your comments to the tattie scone maker (my dad Bob)!
Hope to see you again soon in Edinburgh.
Lindsey.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed there as intro to our two week Scotland trip for the first three nights and it was absolutely worth the money. It has a bus station directly in front of the door that is served by three lines that bring you into town within some 10-15 minutes. The room is clean and has a nice bathroom. Peters breakfast is just fantastic. I loved the full Scottish one!

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 30 June 2015

it is a lovely guest house the people are friendly and helpful . as I was doing volunteering for the charity walk the walk and would miss breakfast they left me some sandwiches for me to have when I had awoken up at lunch time. Rooms are nice and clean and beds are comfy .there is bus stop opposite that takes you into Edinburgh. and shops near by. This is the 3rd time I have stayed at this guest house .

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 27 June 2015

I can't say enough about how helpful Lindsey was for our too-short stay during June 25-27, 2015. She hauled our two big 48-pound suitcases up the stairs while I was still at the curb unloading our car. She served tea and cookies in the lounge and sat with us to find out what we wanted to do. She recommended restaurants (we loved the Orchard Pub), and spotted me a pound (money) for the metered parking. She told us how to get around, and how to save money. She set me up with a way to print our boarding passes. And she got up super early to make us sandwiches (two each plus cookies) for our 5am departure for the airport. The guest house was perfect as well. We couldn't be happier with the breakfasts, rooms, and location. Wonderful. Thank you!

Room tip: The new big family room is beautiful and huge.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ashlyn21, Owner at Ashlyn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2015

Hi Alan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our guest house. We are glad you had a great stay and that you enjoyed visiting Edinburgh. We hope to see you again!

Lindsey & Peter