2,181 results
All reviews city centre leith docks ocean terminal mini bar superior room continental breakfast an upgrade the royal yacht britannia bars and restaurants lovely hotel club room hotel is situated an overnight stay a lovely stay stayed for one night comfy bed lovely room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were two days early for the bus trip we were taking through Scotland so decided to stay at the hotel chosen for the beginning of the tour. Really great staff other than some hiccups with morning breakfast maitre'd. Nothing important really so do enjoy your stay. Leith is a really pretty area in Edinburgh and I understand it used to be a little rough. No sign of that now. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Royal Yacht Brittania and you will enjoy strolling the old neighbourhoods.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear MarieBengert

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am delighted to read just how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here before our visit to University. Parking on the street outside hotel was tricky but we found somewhere. Staff welcome at hotel was ok. The area near hotel looks like the docks area. Good Pubs and eat places.
Bar in hotel was just ok too. Bedroom was really good, modern clean and spacious

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris M

Dear Chris M

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed 2 nights and found the hotel to be a haven. Katerina on reception gave outstanding service and help. Enjoyed food through out the hotel, although the new menu seemed a challenge for the kitchen, as there was a long wait for dinner. However this was handled very well by the restaurant manageress. Service was good.One disappointment was the lack of mattress protector, which should be standard. Will certainly return.

Room Tip: Suites a good selection
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear christine n

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked as a honeymoon trip, and advised as such. No acknowledgement of this from hotel which has been quite disappointing.
Room is spacious but bathroom is quite small considering it’s a suite.
Never enough milk in room to allow for morning and afternoon drinks, had to go and get extra from chambermaid.
I can’t quite work out why the reception is tucked away at back of lobby, so not visible from doors or stairs. This means no interaction with staff as they don’t see you and anyone can just wander in unchallenged. Seems very impersonal and leads to the question “are you a guest “ when raising a query, which is a little embarrassing,and not how you want to feel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from street are quieter as road is cobbled.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked the hotel for 1 night on the day I stayed, booked with Expedia, price was £167. I was moving house the next day but just wanted a relaxing night to myself, and that’s exactly what I received ! I stay about 10 minutes away, I have had meals here, a celebration for my husbands birthday and also my daughter had her wedding meal here, but I have never stayed over. The check in was great with a French lady very friendly. I just booked a standard room and I really didn’t think what I received was anything but standard !! It was fabulous with the headboard of the bed right up to the ceiling. I loved the chair with the large footstool, just what I needed when I arrived. The room was very spacious, and the bed was so comfy. I had BLT toasted sandwiches when I arrived with a drink and they were delicious and presentation was excellent. Went down for breakfast (I usually have cereal and coffee) so I just opted for the light breakfast for £9.00, for which I received coffee, orange juice, porridge (delicious) and berries and toast !
Only negative and it’s small, and I told the same French girl when I checked out,

1. Mildew on the tiles in bath, easily removed with a pad and bleach left on for a few hours.

2. Small square slate which held the facecloth was chipped in three places

I would definitely stay again, staff were lovely, fantastic area by the waterfront and a super modern room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear Scottishperson

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful 5* review of Malmaison Edinburgh.