The hotel is nicely situated for all the bars/restaurants and Ocean Terminal in Leith. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with the usual flat screen TV with lots of channels. However, as with a lot of hotels the double bed is 2 single beds pushed together?? but on the plus side pretty comfortable. The hotel itself is well ran by very pleasant staff and very clean/plush throughout. The bar and restaurant area is furnished to the highest quality but of course very expensive (£4.10/pint and Steaks from £17.00).We had breakfast on both days we stayed and upgraded (£2.00 each/day) and we where'nt disappointed with lots of choices for our taste. Overall a very nice hotel well worth the stay if in Leith.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland