3,262 results
All reviews the club lounge mood lighting castle view rooftop pool thermal suite square restaurant lighting system usher hall edinburgh castle hotel guests modern hotel hotel bar princes street fantastic hotel royal mile spg hydropool
Reviewed 24 November 2015

first note that most of the good reviews are from people who have upgraded to the club option, you may want to inquire about that and see if it is worth it to you
I stayed at the Sheraton for 4 nights. First off, house cleaning really needs to pay attention to detail. I was checked into a room that still had the cleaning rag on the bathroom counter. When I called down to the desk they sent someone up to check it out, but she really had nothing to say. The room had not been finished, it was clear the next time it was cleaned as a different amenity was left in the bathroom. The rag was left there because cleaning had not finished with the mirror. I noticed this throughout the stay. Also they give you a card to forgo cleaning to be green. The card does not come at the same time every day, so you can’t anticipate it. Also although I did forgo cleaning one night, my credit for doing so was taken the next day!
There are too many bells and whistles. The light system is not intuitive and not well suited for a business hotel. The light by the bed is not bright enough to read by. And you can’t turn on the full lights while in the bathroom; you have to walk to the master control. Very inconvenient. The room has all the basic amenities but bathroom products are nothing to write home about.
There are no outlets in the bathroom given regulations, which I understand, but when I asked about a converter they said there was one in the room. Yes, built in by the TV so if you need to plug in a hair dryer, curling iron etc. the cord will not reach the nearest mirror???
I also had a similar experience with breakfast. There was a queue and at times the service was extremely poor. On the weekend the hostess was very nice. There seemed to be extra servers on hand. It felt like night and day. And whatever you do, try ordering from the a la carte menu, food is fresher.
The bed was fantastic and the curtains definitely did the job for blocking out light. The front desk is located on the first floor, so you have very little interaction with him if you do not arrive by car, but they did try to do their best.
Location is okay.
Spa was amazing but you do pay 30 pounds (about 45 euros extra) even if you are a guest. I only used the spa once as I thought that was a bit steep…

All in all I would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone unless (as in my case) it is the best on a list of hotels that your work will pay for. I moved to the Balmoral the next night and THAT is a hotel.

Date of stay: November 2015
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay. I am truly sorry that you did not have the most enjoyable stay with us and apologies for the shortcomings your encountered. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will ensure the points you made are acted upon.
Once again, thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back when next in Edinburgh.
Best regards

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Visited here again after an enjoyable previous stay. It was a rare two night break from our little one so we booked a club room as we loved the spa last time and the club rooms come with spa access. We called ahead to ask about car parking and were told they were looking forward to seeing us and so headed off excited to start our trip! Unfortunately on arrival at the hotel a full hour and ten minutes after the stated check in time of 3pm we were told that our room wasn't ready yet but we could have a castle view on a lower floor of we wished instead. Having paid to stay on the club floor we didn't want the hassles of going up in down in the elevator to access the club suite so we opted to wait. Eventually two hours after advertised check in our room was ready. Alessandro (the front office manager) was dealing with us and came to take us to the room. He had arranged a complimentary bottle of prosecco with a handwritten note of apology from himself which was a lovely gesture and really helped lift our rather bad moods by that point. He was very professional and really helped smooth the situation. Anyway by this time it was half past five and between half five and half seven there are nibbles and drinks in the club suite which were absolutely delicious. The servers were very attendant and friendly. It can get quite busy but never overly so. The following night the selection of nibbles was changed which was a nice touch as similar hotels we have stayed in provide the same snacks every day. The room was decent, with nice decor and cool touches like speakers in the bathroom and mood lighting. The tv was a touch annoying as the remote worked intermittently. As others have mentioned the water pressure in the rooms are not as good as in the spa so it feels like you need to run around to get wet in the room shower! The room wasn't the largest but very comfortable and with a nice comfy bed. We visited the spa both days we were there and I will do a separate review for that. All in all we really enjoyed our latest visit with the exception of the wait for our room. I would certainly recommend booking the club floor if you like the spa and the food and drink in the club suite are great too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dundee1979
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Very good example of getting what you pay for. Excellent location for visiting Edinburgh castle, Princes Street and the many varied restaurants -all within walking distance. The room catered well for the business or domestic traveller. If you prefer not to travel into the city for your evening meal then 1 Square serves up good quality meals albeit not cheap. If chose you the buffet option, the breakfast has the most variety I've come across in the many hotels i've stayed. All in all, I couldn't fault my experience. Really worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank karen R
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for this wonderful five star review of your stay with us on your recent visit to Edinburgh. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I will take great pleasure in sharing your very kind words with the team.
Thank you also for the recommendation, it is hugely appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Spent a night here with my wife. We got a club room which gives you access to the spa and club lounge. The spa is fab with lots of different treatment areas to try. We also had massages which were great though pretty expensive. The club lounge serves breakfast though that was so so and it's worth considering paying a fiver to have breakfast in the restaurant. Our room was spacious and we'd paid for a castle view which was nice.

Room tip: Club room with castle view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R_and_K_G

Dear Guest
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. As a returning guest, we are delighted once again that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Club Rooms and enjoyed the benefits of using the Thermal Suite and Hydropool at One Spa and our Club Lounge.
Thank you also for the recommendation, it is hugely appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Solid service, fantastic location and beautifully appointed rooms. I used my suite night upgrades to get the Castle Suite. Loved waking up each morning to a view of Edinburgh Castle. I had a welcome note and a bottle of wine waiting for me in room. My room preferences were met. The club lounge staff are very friendly. I found the club lounge breakfast tastier than the happy hour offerings. I didn't try the spa. There was an additional fee to use the spa. The hotel is close to many shops and restaurants. Would gladly stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank globetrottingwaves
SheratonEdinburgh, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for this wonderful five star review of your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh . I am delighted at your comments and have taken great pleasure in sharing these with the team.
Thank you also for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.