“Out of this world”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Castle Terrace Restaurant is all about representing the finest produce in Scotland. The award-winning restaurant, which was completely refurbished in the beginning of 2016, showcases Chef Patron Dominic Jack's many years of training in some of France's top kitchens. His skills, passion and attention to detail is truly reflected in his innovative and modern menu.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Must be on its way to get a Michelin Star soon so it was very good. The flavours of the magnificent food mixed so well with the wine in a more or less surreal way. Staff were laidback but extremely professional and showed up at the table perfectly timed with our wishes. Just go there.

1  Thank Birgitta-Kenneth

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We were given the Tasting Menu and Matching Wine Package for 2 as a gift and it was such a wonderful experience. My girlfriend is coeliac but they had no issues altering the menu to accommodate her, changing only a couple of the dishes to meet her needs. The sommelier was a joy to listen to (I would really like to have him follow me around and tell me about wine all day), incredibly knowledgeable and polite, and actually gave myself and my girlfriend different glasses of wine when our dishes were different in order to match them perfectly.

The staff are all unfailingly friendly, I would especially like to thank a man whose name I wish I would have gotten (Scottish, gingery beard - you know who you are!) who was excellent in looking after us during our over 3-hour (!) visit.

The food was really wonderful. Particular highlights included the cod and the pork/chickpea burger for both of us. Everything was beautifully presented in perfect portions considering the amount of courses we were treated to.

We left after our dessert and coffees (again, delicious) feeling full and happy. I will definitely be recommending Castle Terrace to people looking for the best dining experience in Edinburgh.

1  Thank Gavin B
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We visited while passing through Edinburgh following a recommendation. First thing to say is the service is exceptional, really polished from the moment you arrive, to the excellent wait staff and sommelier. We opted for the tasting menu, which offered two wine pairing options. It was excellent. A nice touch was taking your final drink in the lounge area - a far more relaxing end to the evening. It’s not the cheapest meal you’ll have, ours was over £300 including the deserved tip, but you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank boyvision
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went at 12pm on a Saturday and the restaurant filled up very quickly. We had three course set menu with matching wines. Delicious flavours and well presented as you would expect. Good service. Only annoyance is felt very rushed. Barely finished one course before next matched wine arrived and the next course. Then sat for about 5 minutes at the and before asked if we wanted coffee in the lounge. No choice really.
When you’re spending close to £200 I think you deserve not to be rushed.

1  Thank Nessie1975
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the surprise tasting menu with wine pairings, everything about the experience was fantastic, amazing food and wonderful service.