We stayed a week at the Midkinleith Farm Holiday Cottage in March 2018. This was our best stay in Scotland. The owners are wonderful, very helpful, very kind. the rental is 20 minutes from Edinburgh, and the view of the city, the sea and the bridges are extraordinary. There is plenty of ballad to do in the moors next door. We will come back. It's just perfect .....
We’ve had a truly magical time here on the Midkinleith Farm and can’t thank Richard and Dawn enough for all their kindness and wonderful hospitality.
We’ve moved to the farm with our newborn baby and were lucky enough to have stayed here for the entire winter. The experience of swapping a city lifestyle for a cosy cottage in the hills has inspired us to live in the countryside in the future.
Here are our top highlights:
• Our superb hosts, Richard and Dawn
• A very cosy & comfortable cottage which felt like home
• A spacious and well-equipped kitchen, a comfy bed, a huge garden, a cosy living room, fluffy towels, a barn, a driveway, the deepest sink in the world, lots of space to rest, dine and play.
• Having hills on our doorstop and being able to set off for a walk at a drop of a hat. A pop-up café at the Harlaw reservoir was our particular weekend favourite
• Stunning views and surroundings- every time we saw a deer, a grouse, a falcon, a fox and a squirrel from a kitchen window - such a privilege
• A unique lifestyle that comes with being in a place like Midkinleith
• Being so close to the city while feeling remote at the same time
• Facilities in the villages – We must have eaten at least 2 dozen scones @ Mollys
• Balerno minis (local baby group)
• Getting snowed-in and all the fun that comes with it!
Such a memorable winter for all of us and what a place to call home with a little one. We are so inspired by our time on the farm and hope to settle down in a place like Midkinleith one day.
It was a perfect location, very comfortable, close to lots of good things to do, with a. very good pub at the bottom of the hill. The hosts were very welcoming and provided us with lots of good things in the kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and it was very quiet.The couple were so nice that I am loathe to say anything derogatory but the seating could do with an update! I would like to thank them for a very enjoyable few days.
Thanks for the enjoyable stay.iy was a perfect spot for us to stay two weeks
This is a great place to stay. Easy to get into Edinburgh by number 44 bus, but you probably need a car, as the steep hill and distance to Currie village is challenging to walk. The Pentland national park is right on the door step and the walks are beautiful.
The cottage is well appointed and very comfortable. The Spencers are very friendly and looked after us well, yet respected our privacy.
Three glorious weeks, will go again. I came from Currie and this was a perfect way to return for a visit.