“Great apartment, a home from home”
Review of Oakhill Apartments

Oakhill Apartments
Sheffield, UK
“Great apartment, a home from home”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked a room at Oakhill for three nights, as we got a good deal on Expedia and saw what great reviews the apartments had. We have to say we agree with all that's been said - the rooms were clean, well-laid out and had everything we could possibly need, with great attention to detail that included good quality cooking utensils, tea and coffee making facilities, condiments, great information on the local area, and much more. It really was a home from home for the time we were there, and chilling out in the apartment in the evenings was a really enjoyable experience.

I can't even think of anything to nitpick about - the only thing I'd say is it is a 25 minute walk into the centre of Edinburgh, but the restaurants and shops of Leith Walk are a few minutes away, there are regular buses, and it really was worth the walk every day for a great stay. Next time we're in Edinburgh we'd definitely stay here again.

3 Thank Pete M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Thai first
York
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is by far the best me and my partner have stayed in. I was worried the pictures would be the best they could get and that the rest of the hotel wouldn't be as good, but I am pleased to say this was not the case. We got a free upgrade when we arrived and our apartment (9) was stunning. We spent 2 out of three nights in because it was just so comfortable and had everything for a relaxed weekend. Staff were always there to help and the hotel was immaculate. Can't praise it enough. A 21st I won't forget.

Would reccomend to anyone.

2 Thank helen w
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I am a college student, and my friends and I stayed here while we were visiting Edinburgh on a weekend trip. Honestly, it was one of the nicest establishments I personally had ever been in. The apartments were beautiful, the rooms and beds were so comfortable and spacious, and the kitchen was perfect in regards to setup, cooking utensils, and easy access to everything. The location was wonderful. With the main centre of town being only about a 15 to 20-minutes away by walking, that left the apartments very peaceful, which provided for a great sense of relaxation after being out and about all day. Also, the staff at the apartments were so helpful. The night we flew in, we arrived very late at the apartments, sometime after midnight. However, one of the people from management was still up, and he warmly welcomed us, checked us in, and made sure we had everything we needed before we went up to our room. The next day, another person in management by the name of Mark welcomed us again (this time with a thoughtful welcome basket) and offered us wonderful tidbits of advice and guidance about things to see and do while we were there. He also remained very patient with us as he answered our many questions. In addition, both my mom and I worked with Mark through e-mail in making arrangements for my friends' and my stay, and he was incredibly helpful, insightful, and punctual in regards to information and getting back to us. I would definitely recommend these apartments to anyone who was looking to come visit Edinburgh. You will not regret it!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jaimy R
Bath
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Thank you for a wonderful stay at a very fair price. Fantastic apartment well equiped , excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank I M
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here with my husband to celebrate our 1st Anniversary. We booked a 1 bed apartment but were upgraded to a 2 bed, a double with an en suite and a twin room. The apartment was gorgeous, very modern and spotlessly clean. The staff were courteous and polite throughout our stay. The internet was the best hotel internet I've ever seen, you actually have your own wireless broadband connection. It was nice to have a balcony too, so that if I wanted to have a cig (I know, filthy habit) I didn't have to stand on the street. We were both ill with a stomach bug for all of our trip unfortunately but at least we had somewhere nice to stay!

As others have said it's in a great location without being bang in the town centre. There are buses going to Old Town, New Town and Ocean Terminal very regularly from just outside and there's a Tesco supermarket just a minutes walk away.

Would definitely stay again. This will without a doubt be our first choice if we stay in Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: Room 13 was lovely. In the distance you can see the sea from the balcony.