“Meat at its best”

Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel
Ranked #119 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: .
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We enjoyed a long lunch on Boxing Day here, and the restaurant delivered more than expected. We shared a sirloin on the bone and the meat was cooked to perfection. For sides we had a divine creamed spinach, broccoli that was just perfectly done al dente, and onion rings with a light and crispy batter. A bearnaise sauce and a bone marrow gravy completed the meal. The chef evidently knows how to enhance the flavours of the produce without killing it - nothing was overcooked or under-salted. The wine list is was good enough with samples from several regions and a focus on Rioja and Malbec wines, at very decent prices. The service was attentive and pleasant, and the interior is playful and yet very tasteful. We finished the meal with an excellent selection of local scottish cheese, and naturally some whisky with the coffee. We really could not have asked for a better lunch to end our weekend in Scotland. Finally the bill was a pleasant surprise, and considering the quality I would say it is well worth it.

CharleneROBBIE, Manager at Kyloe Restaurant at Rutland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2016

Dear Ylva J,

Thank you for your fabulous review, I am so pleased you enjoyed the experience here at Kyloe on Boxing day and could say how fantastic our chefs are. I have passed on all your comments and we hope to see you in the new year for more tasty treats.

Assistant Restaurant Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Was here a week ago with my team for a Christmas night out. Was quite expensive but food excellent, great service and attentive staff.

Dear superduperScotland,

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you and your team enjoyed your Christmas night out.I have passed on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I've been here several times with friends, family and myself. The wine list is excellent and varied and the food is always of the highest quality. The Wellington in particular was fantastic.

Dear MatthewSmith88,

Thank you for your continued support of Kyloe restaurant and grill, we are so pleased that you continue to dine with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

I'll start of by saying - the best steak I have ever had!
When booking I mentioned it was for our minimoon, they took note and showed us to the best table in the restaurant and we was surprised with a mini congratulations dessert and candles after the meal!
Our waiter was brilliant and showed us through all of the different cuts of steak, happy to talk through each one and explain what they go best with/how he recommends them to be cooked. I went for the guest sirloin and my husband went for the fillet. Absolutely delicious!

Dear louisewildbore,

Thank you for your amazing review, it was fantastic to read that you loved the quality of our meat and that you chose to celebrate your ' minimoon' with us. I am so pleased that you had a memorable experience with us and i have passed on your fabulous comments to the kitchen and floor teams.

All the best

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

28 of my colleagues around two large tables for a Xmas set menu. All the food, service, drinks were fantastic. Overall cost was not too bad either for city centre. Would like to return to try the steaks as it seems to be the specialty. Recommended

Dear partymarty283,

Thank you for your review, it was fantastic to read that you enjoyed our festive menu. I have passed on your amazing comments to the team and we look forward to taking you through our delicious steaks in the new year.