“Bang tidy”

G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the missoni for 3nights last weekend, from walking up to the door to leaving 3days later the staff were nothing short of brilliant. Every staff member was helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel and Edinburgh. We asked for a quite room which we got, we were warned that the quietest rooms don't have a view which is fine by us, as it was we looked on to the rear of some very old very interesting high street buildings so don't be put off by the no view claim.
My wife had a massage at the spa which she said was excellent and the masseuse was very professional and friendly. We had an afternoon of cocktails at the bar and again the staff were well informed and pleasent.
The rom was spacious with a good bed, the pillows were not to my liking but one quick call to reception and 5 minutes later some different firmer pillows arrived. The shower is great and every thing was sparkling clean.
The only negative observation ,not criticism, is the tv was too far away from the bed. The solution would be bigger tv or move it closer. It's really difficult to read any text on the tv and you have to turn it up quite loud to hear it but who goes to Edinburgh to watch tv right.
We love Edinburgh and we love this hotel I know the management read these reviews so thank you for a great stay keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Ask for the things you want e.g. Quiet or a view and you find you get what you ask for.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank badfx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for G&V Royal Mile Hotel Edinburgh

Reviewed 19 April 2012

A top hotel that sets itself apart from the crowd with the attitude and attentiveness of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble - with a really genuine feel to it - they really do stand out from the crowd by some way - I have never experienced such high quality service in any hotel - and that includes most of the top hotels in Scotland. Not sure I ever will! Thoroughly recommend it - they also have sweets for you in the lobby - what more can you ask for! Also worth having a couple of drinks in the cocktail bar which is the epitome of modern chic. First class all round.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed one night at the Missoni Hotel in Edinburgh. It is very convenient to explore the city as it is located on the Royal Mile. The staff is efficient without an attitude, very friendly. The room was lovely and well appointed with beautiful Missoni linens and toiletries. The mini bar is complimentary!! I loved the bar. I was there with my 21 year old son and we sat at the bar and watched Aaron the bartender work his magic. The bartenders were very creative and fun. The only problem I had was at breakfast when I had to ask 3 times for coffee! Breakfast was overpriced. I would stay here again but go somewhere else for breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelbright229
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Wow! What an amazing place! Not only is the hotel beautiful and unlike anything I have ever seen the staff was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! They would do just about anything to make our stay comfortable. Including helping us send a rather large box back to the states. And they seemed so happy to do so. The room was very comfortable and included many different ammenities. Even free soda in the room, which seems to be hard to find in Europe. The restaurant and the staff there were wonderful as well! If ever visiting Edinburgh I highly recommend Hotel Missoni! It is located right in the center of all the attractions. Two thumbs up for the Missoni!!!!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank AmandaH54
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Missoni over the Easter bank holiday weekend, A standard double room booked direct on the hotel website, There’s no doubting the place is very stylish and swanky, However, I must prefer the more practical and traditional hotel stay rather than the modern and sleek approach, Yes, There’s some real quirky gadgets in the room, such as, a Bang & Olufsen LCD TV, A free Nespresso coffee machine, Also, A couple of nice little extras with a bathrobe to use and free slippers along with a free NON alcoholic mini bar (Water, Coke and soft drinks) and your free toiletries in the bathroom. Obviously I can only comment from what I like from a hotel when I'm away for the weekend and after long day walking the streets, getting dragged into every other shop by her indoors and visiting all the sights etc…. I really look forward to coming back to the hotel for a good old soak in the bath to rest my weary tired legs with along with a glass of fizzy stuff in order to be fully recharged for the evening’s proceedings ahead!! And if anyone is like minded as me then I’m afraid the Missoni is not for you, Although, I couldn’t comment what’s in the suites etc…. Also, you couldn’t open the ceiling to floor window for fresh air so a little stuffy and really warm with only the air con, In summary, A really nice hotel with a high spec finish in a great location on the royal mile and well worth staying to see what the fuss is all about, However, For me personally, When back in Edinburgh I’ll be going back to somewhere more traditional for me bath!! For the same sort of money as the Missoni maybe try the Radisson, Macdonald Holyrood or Macdonald Roxburgh all three are very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple