“Friendly service; interesting menu; great presentation.”

Stocks Urban Bistro
Ranked #379 of 2,777 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 65
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Stocks Urban Bistro serves modern European dishes made using the best Scottish produce.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly service - very friendly but not overbearing; calm and helpful.
Interesting menu - just the right amount of choice. The mushroom soup was the best I’ve ever had.
Great presentation - unlike many restaurants that offer a lunch deal, there was no skimping on ingredients or presentation.
Lovely surroundings.
Personally I’d prefer no music, but at least it wasn’t too loud and most people seem to like it.

2  Thank CJ1870

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our granddaughter went out to look for a quiet restaurant which looked good to her and she found Stocks. We loved it. It was close to our hotel in Advocate's Way, just off High Street. The food was excellent and the service superb. We will definitely go back when we return to Edinburgh.

1  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

So as a 26 year vegetarian a scotch egg with haggis might have been a huge disaster but I can assure you - it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. The wine was amazing , all the food we ate was outstanding . The staff were super friendly and knowledgeable and we were lucky enough to meet the owner who is super cute so that was a bonus. I highly recommend !!!

1  Thank Jerseychickpunk
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We came across this restaurant by chance. The service was friendly and attentive without being invasive. The food was excellent. My husband had haggis scotch egg to start and we both had fillet steak for mains. The fillet steak just melted in your mouth and had great flavour. We both agreed it was one of the best fillets we had ever eaten. I had a beautiful panna cotta for dessert. Unfortunately we live 400 miles away but will recommend to any of our friends who may visit Edinburgh in the future. We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Very good food, and the service was great. Nicely situated a few feet from the very busy royal mile. Nice view of the city and was quite quiet compared to other places, which I really loved.