All reviews university campus heriot watt university city centre hot and cold food stayed here for one night storage space lovely bathroom fire alarm ironing board the air conditioning close to the airport an ideal location lounge area bus service breakfast buffet rooms are spacious day ticket
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We were excited about lunch today at the Avenue Restaurant. Firstly tried to have pizza which was not available so ordered a burger. Very disappointed in our boar burger, chef should try one himself, £14 and there was not way we could eat this.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Will M, General Manager at Courtyard Edinburgh West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi Marion200,

Thank for coming to visit us for lunch and leaving this review, but I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. These are not our usual standards and certainly not ones we aspire to. I will certainly follow this up with the team to find out what happened and ensure it does not happen again. If you would like to contact me directly on will.macpherson@courtyardedinburghwest.com I would be very happy to offer you lunch by way of an apology and show you this is not our usual standard.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely quiet place. Tidy rooms and nice breakfast. (Only no bacon) friendly check in and out. Easy accessible from Edinburgh town. Regular bus service too if you don't or don't want to drive into the city. New feel to the place. Nice bouncy carpets. Handy bar to meet up for drinks or have a quiet drink. Toiletries in room are decent too. Lovely fluffy towels.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi Claire G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not have any bacon on the breakfast buffet, that is certainly not usual and I will follow this up to find out why.

Thanks again for your comments, I will enjoy passing these back to the team.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here whilst on a course at Heriot Watt University. It is an ideal location for the University and situated on the campus.

Main negatives about the stay:
- at check in I was asked to sign a form which gave Marriott hotels the right share all of my data around the world with its partners including in countries that had poor data protection laws. I questioned this and refused permission. Rather strange?
- Room 312 was nice enough. Except it was shower only. No bath.
- No room service option.
- Mini bar empty.
- No on-site gym or pool.
- Breakfast is self service and £15.95 for the pleasure. The sausages did not look good. No square sausage!

Positives:
- good location.
- good price.
- rooms are modern.
- fast free WiFi.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Will M, General Manager at Courtyard Edinburgh West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Hi Juicy John,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Marriott International have recently updated their registration card statements, but understand not all our guests will want to consent to this. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations in some areas of your stay, the room fridge and room service is as per the Courtyard brand. Although we do not have a gym in the hotel guests do have access to the Oriam facility across the road, sorry if this was not made clear to you. I will ensure I follow up on your comments regarding our sausages to make sure this improves moving forward.

Thank you for you positive comments and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We had a one night stay at this nice hotel. It has spacious rooms with everything that you need. Only strange thing is that the bathroom is "a grey class box" in the corner of the room. The door has space between the walls so you can hear too much of the bathroom noises... I found that uncomfortable. Otherwise a very nice hotel with helpful staff and short drive from both airport and city.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jnni,

Thanks for leaving us your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay on the whole and great to hear of our helpful team. I can understand that the bathroom design is not to everybody's taste, I hope this does not put you off visiting in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We are on our way to Inverness. Stopping here for one night stay. It’s very quiet. Nice surroundings. The front desk was very nice, friendly and helpful. It is a good size room. The housekeeping could do a little better job. The counter wasn’t wiped very clean and the sink definitely can use some scrubbing. There is a restaurant in the lobby. We’ll found out if the food is good tomorrow morning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Will M, General Manager at Courtyard Edinburgh West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi Ming X,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the surroundings and the front desk team looked after you well. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness standards were not acceptable, please be assured I will follow this up.

I hope that you enjoyed your breakfast!

Many thanks,