“A hidden gem”
Review of Rib-Aye - CLOSED

Rib-Aye
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Description: Steakhouse and Whisky Bar. Our passion and our drive comes from Scottish produce. Our chefs and our suppliers are proud to be showcasing the best of Scottish beef, lamb, pork and venison. We want our guests to experience our food journey with us. Exciting meat flavours joined with our love of whisky, Scottish gin and memorable wines, we invite you to dine with us at our steakhouse and whisky bar
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Superb new steakhouse by the Rabbie Burns statue in Leith. Brilliant food, service, wine, surroundings - what's not to like?

Worryingly empty on a Friday night though. The location may not help, being hidden away just off the main street, but worth seeking out. A really good addition to the
Leith restaurant scene. Get there and help it survive!

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

The restaurant had fantastic service and and the staff were knowledgeable. The starters were delicious and served superbly. But despite this...

...You'd think that a restaurant that called themselves Rib-Aye would serve a decent ribeye. Instead, for £20, my girlfriend and I both got steaks with a gradient between rare and well-done running through them. They tasted okay, but as I said, for the price, and the fact that it's a steak restaurant, this was unacceptable and we left disgruntled.

The sauces, chips, and salad were nice, but didn't make up for the main spectacle of the dish.

The music was off, for a steak dinner/restaurant, they were playing pop/club hits, perhaps because it was half empty?

I would have given a 4 star if the steaks was cooked how we asked. We visited on Sat 15/4/17, so perhaps arrange for some training for that chef, as most of the reviews of this restaurant don't display the level of food that we received.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I have visited Rib Aye twice. Once for dinner on a Friday night and on a Sunday afternoon.

The staff are lovely and they have a great menu with plenty of choices.

I enjoyed both visits however the lunch menu is just brilliant. Most dishes £5 and they're such good value. I had the burger and fries (which were extra) but similar places would be in excess of £10/15 and this cost £7.

Go!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We had rib-eye and t-bone steaks. Meat was excellent, service friendly and prices fair. Would like to see bigger rib-eye cuts but aside from that it was great. Would go again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Onion rings were superb as were the chips, however my steak was not cooked to how I asked (medium-rare) Instead was very rare! I ate it anyway as was so hungry. My girlfriends burger was nice but very stodgy. There are better steak places in Edinburgh.