“Excellent Steakhouse”

Chop House Market Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop House Market Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #418 of 2,755 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 33 - US$ 79
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Chop House Market Street was established in August 2016 following the success of Chop House Leith. We have a strong focus on beef provenance, selecting only the highest grade of steak which is dry-aged in-house then cooked over an open flame, charcoal grill. Our first class steak offering is backed up by an extensive wine list from around the world and exceptional cocktail list.
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Craving a big chunk of red meat, we found this highly rated place (the second of a pair in the City, I think) not far from our hotel and made a reservation. It was a treat. The dining room was comfortable, service professional, dry-aged beef of high quality, sides perfectly executed, and the bar knew how to make a dry martini. It's a steakhouse, and a good one, which means they have a vegetarian option and some fish, but its really a place to go for beef. In you are in central Edinburgh and in the mood for it, give this place a try. It's not cheap, but it won't disappoint you in any regards.

Thank Drew and Maria ... N

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We booked here as a bit of a last minute thing and I am so glad we did! The steaks are incredible, the wine good, and the salted caramel fondue was the most amazing, yet filthy and unhealthy thing ever!
I would most definitely recommend Chop House to any meat lover!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice establishment. Small but well decorated with natural stone walls and bare steel. Loved the selection of wines on show in the racks. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Meal was amazing. I had the king prawn cocktail to start that had the bloody Mary sauce which added a nice twist to the usual prawn cocktail. For mains my wife and I had the beef roast and fillet steak that was very tastey. The steak was soo tender. I asked a member of staff to recommend a red wine to go with the steak and it didn't disappoint. Overall I would highly recommend this place. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Went with my wife for lunch for her birthday treat.

First impressions were very good, trendy looking and attentive staff. Noticed it seemed to be a young clientele that day. Certainly the music piped in was very modern. But these old foggies toughed it out.

It is on the expensive side. We had two Rhubarb Fizz cocktails at £8 each as an aperitif. Good selection of wines, again not cheap.

I am not particularly a steak fan, but the way they talked up their steaks so I gave it a try.

My wife had rumped steak (£18) and I had sirloin (£21 I think) both medium rare and they were delicious. So expensive or not I now want to try the other one in Leith.

My mouth is still watering thinking of them

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 1 pm and we're shown to our seats, we ordered drinks and the Sunday lunch (beef) . Within minutes the waitress was back informing me that they did not have the drink I had ordered( draught pint Innis and Gunn ). A short time later our main meals arrived , it looked good , plentiful and cooked the way I liked it or so it appeared! On tasting the veg it was stone cold and was undercooked , my partners meal was exactly the same , I spoke with a waitress who said they would provide new meals and she was sorry my partner asked if her beef could be cooked a bit more as it was rare and she would like it medium. Within a short time two new plates arrived , my partners beef was rare and not what she had asked for, we again tried the vegetables and again they were cold , slightly warmer than before but still cold and undercooked I took a mouth full of the beef but all I got was a mouth full of fat a sinew. We gave up and placed our knife and forks on the plates and they were removed we ordered no more food the waiting staff apologised again . We were not the only table that had issues and I have to say I would not recommend this establishment to say we were disappointed would be an understatement, after all it comes highly recommend! If you don't have an item tell us when we order ! Food was extremely poor would never go again based on this experience, we paid for our drinks and left .