All reviews lantern room great location calton hill playhouse theatre frosted glass airport tram breakfast buffet king room omni centre short walk york place close to the hotel large shower hear everything royal mile highly recommend this hotel bathroom door
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

We loved being in Edinburgh. The Marriott Courtyard is a perfectly located place: A fun walk to Waverly Station (to take easy-to-use trains to neighboring towns). It’s close to Edinburgh Castle, shopping on Princes St., and a myriad of incredible sites. View from room was great; it was quiet at night in the hotel. But, sirens run all night along the busy street on which hotel is located. If you’re noise-sensitive, the sirens will keep you up. (They did not bother us). Lots of outlets through the room—handy!

The front desk is awkwardly situated. Lines to check in are cramped. Getting bags up the steps to check in are narrow (no ramp) and jarring. Service in the bar was poor every night we went in to relax after sight-seeing. Getting laundry back took over 48 hours, and there’s no delivery. You bring it to the cramped front desk, and you pick it up there (a la going to the cleaners on its busiest day). The shower is step-in (nice), with a half door on the shower itself (not so nice). If you’re not taking care to keep the shower head (on its removable hose) pointed the right way, your bathroom floor will be a mini swimming pool.

Would we recommend this place? Yes. We had several nights there, and though there are some dumb design flaws (steps, check-in desks, shower door), if you’re looking for a great location and cool access to the greatest sites in Scotland, the Marriott Courtyard on Baxter is a go.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonniemcguire56
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is in a good location and the staff is friendly but that’s all. Rooms very small, airco hardly working and what I found most disgusting was the dirty coffee cups and plates on the breakfast buffet. Looked liked they weren’t washed and people suppose to eat and drink from there. Need to step up

Trip type: Travelled on business
GosiaH134, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear stalenbu,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Edinburgh and taking the time to provide your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

It is very disappointing to hear you found dirty crockery at the breakfast buffet. This should never have happened. Please rest assured I have passed your comment to our Restaurant Manager for addressing.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards
Gosia Howieson
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel, located 1 km from Prince street and many other attractionsin Edinburgh!Room is cozy,good bed,good breakfast.Near very good restaurants and shops.Staff is competent and friendly!
Specially front desk Magalie,very professional and dedicated!
Had a very pleasure stay here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stayed here on 13 September and I could not fault anything. Staff were friendly, room was clean and very comfortable. We had everything we could need. I made the reservation with Julia and I have to say she was so helpful and made my stay so relaxed. I would recommend this hotel and I hope to stay here again soon..

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I tend not to be a Marriott person, but my experience at this hotel has changed my perspective. It is new, clean and has a wonderful atmosphere. Business-like, welcoming, warm (in the ambient sense, not the temperature - this is Edinburgh!) I will certainly stay here again when I'm next in Edinburgh, probably in preference to my tried and trusted Hilton haunts.

• Trip type: Travelled on business