“Amoooooooosing place!”

CAU Edinburgh
Ranked #413 of 2,776 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 66
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Description: With views across to the castle, CAU Edinburgh is perfectly located for all your dining needs. Close to the big brand shops and famous sights on our doorstep, there’s something for everyone’s taste.
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Saw cau had opened here and had to try! Been to Cau in Amsterdam and it was phenomenal so needed to try here!

Decor is fitting with its menu... after all it's a steak restaurant! Love the cloud lights and the sky backdrop!

The food was amazing. We had rump cooked to perfection, so succulent and tasty! The chunky chips though- CHUNKY! They are thicker than wedges. But very nice! We also ordered the Cau burger however when it came it was for the wrong table. It was 'ok'. But a little disappointing for a signature burger. Also, starters... we had a flatbread. It mentions nothing on the menu of onions on the bread and it was COVERED, so one of us didn't touch it!!! The descriptions need a bit of clarity. However can't fault the food. And the service.

Drinks- again, great choice! Not one of having a milkshake with a meal, one caught my eye... the dulce de Leche shake. You get LOADS and it was soooooo good. It actually went well with the steak! :-)

Excellent place.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Although they specialise in Argentinian steak there is a wide variety of choice on the menu as it also does salads,burgers and seafood options too.

Myself and my boyfriend ordered steak and both steaks were cooked to perfection!

The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, coming over at each course to ask if everything is alright.

Superb food and excellent customer service! Had a very pleasant experience at Cau Edinburgh and will definitely be back!

2  Thank lirela93
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I really cannot recommend this place enough. The steak was unreal! If I'm honest service was "interesting", but we spent a lovely evening here for our anniversary, and are dying to go back. Our bill was over £100 but included drinks and way more food than we needed. They do a £20 deal every Wednesday for steak, chips, salad and a glass of red wine, so will try that out next. Recommend to all.

3  Thank ilovejellybabies33
Reviewed 10 December 2016

My friend and I visited Cau on 9/12/16.
The staff were great and there was a good atmosphere. We went for the 2 course lunch for £10.95 which is great value. I had fish tacos which were very tasty and then Cau burger ( best I have tasted ) with mac' n cheese side dish. My friend had chicken croquettes and then aubergine lasagne with a side dish of chunky chips. SHe said they were both very tasty. Portions big....We both had to leave some.
I will be back to sample the evening menu.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Called in for lunch with friends while visiting the Edinburgh Christmas Markets on Monday 5th December. We asked for a table for 4 and the lady just pointed to the table behind us. She then came over with menus & left. We waited 10 minutes until one of the other members of staff decided to come & take our drinks order, by this time we knew what we wanted to eat too. We ordered the drinks first, some red wine, pink prosecco & water. We started to order the food was rudely interrupted by the waitress says 'oh we've not got that, wasn't you told when you were seated?' So we changed our choices & off she went. After another 10 minute wait our drinks finally arrived.....but my pink prosecco was rosè wine. I told the waitress and she said 'well it didn't say that on the check' a few minutes later my correct drink arrived.

The food came, it was ok, my friends streak sandwich was tough, my salad was ment to be a chicken salad with avocado but I think there was 1 small bit of avocado & maybe 4 bits of dry chicken. One good thing, triple cooked chunky chips!

We asked for the bill straight after the food was cleared. Upon checking the bill they had left on the glass of unordered rosè wine, at £7.95! This was then removed & paid.

A word of warning, gratuity was included in the bill!!

2  Thank leo66pink