“Good value breakfasts and such a cnvenient location.”
Review of The Booking Office

The Booking Office
Ranked #658 of 2,639 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 20
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were staying nearby and did not really need a vast hotel breakfast, so headed for The Booking Office. We ended up having breakfast here each morning during our stay.
There is a very good menu choice, not just the usual Scottish breakfast but options for vegetarians and those who prefer something a bit lighter too.
I tried both the warming blueberry porridge and the fruit yogurt- both very tasty and well presented. My daughter enjoyed the vegetarian breakfast, especially the perfectly cooked eggs.
The building was formerly a parcels' office and has original features. It is very spacious, with plenty of seating, so lingering is not a problem!
The Lavazza coffee is good quality and one can have a free refill, if wished.
Value is excellent, as restaurants breakfast prices can often be far too inflated.
When next in Edinburgh, I know where to come for breakfast!

1  Thank annafromlondon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I only gave two stars, rather than one, because the beer was good. The chicken pie I ordered, with pancetta and leak, came in record time, I think it was lying around waiting for a customer as it had dried up inside and there was one solitary small bit of Chicken in the whole pie. The mash had gone stodgy and I couldn't eat most of it. The waitress took away the plates without asking if we had enjoyed it, I think my full plate must have put her off asking. Won't be ordering food in here again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Popped into this pub for a quick drink and rest whilst we toured this beautiful city. Very busy at the time but the bar staff were up for the task and served us without too much delay....We didn't eat but the ales and other drinks which we had were excellent.

1  Thank Pete B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice interiors and good food, prices a little higher than normal but in such a convenient location and given that the staff are so pleasant, it is good value for money. Smartphone app works well if you want table service.

1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this pub during a leaving night for a work colleague. I'm not really a fan of Wetherspoon pubs and this one was no exception. It's a large, soulless place with little to commend it other than the beer selection. There are many good pubs in Edinburgh however this is not one of them. I can't comment on the food as we didn't have any. If you're looking for a decent pub you'd be better off going elsewhere.