“an old favourite”

Wheatsheaf Inn Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 99 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“an old favourite”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

often visit this inn for lunch on a day out or for a group outing in the evening, usuallly a very good menu, and a nice quaint setting low ceiling etc, nice nick nacks to look at - staff nice too!

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“very pleasant evening out”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have been going to this restaurant for a number of years now and have never had a bad meal so reading the other re-views surprised me somewhat. I have eaten quite a lot from the menu and there isnt anything that I havent enjoyed. My favourite on the menu at the moment is an unsusal dish that I havent seen anywhere else Coconut chicken stuffed with banana, bacon and served with a thai curry sauce, rice and salad - its really nice and really delicious. Service was superb, food all arrived hot and plentiful - nice surroundings and I will continue to go back as its one of my favourite pubs for food in the west of Scotland.

• Visited August 2012
kilmarnock
“poor salad”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

had my dog with us so ate outside it was not that warm so chose a salad £8.95 veg. salad which was 3 types of cheese blue,cheddar & brie ,the dog ate the blue cheese which I do not think suited a salad maybe with oatcakes to finish - lazy salad ,acidic beetroot, picked onions usual lettuce very boring reminded me of what was put down in the sixties, very !! small bowl of chips no one was impressed ,so will not return considering the previous week , we had been at the Park hotel and had a lovely lunch 2 courses for £6.95

Visited July 2012
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Good service let down by kitchen nightmare”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Visited recently and was served by a delightful man, helped us with all our needs. We were part of a table of 4, our friends were impressed by menu but the chefs couldn't produce, dry lasagne, soggy fish, terrible veg to name a few, we were really let down here! I had a crabachan pudding, well that's what it's title was! This was never a crabachan. Unless its a new hip way of ruining a classic Scottish pudding

Bill was cheap, although drinks made up for what they lose on food

Might return but won't go out my way

Kirkcaldy
“Beautiful meal”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We went to the Wheatsheaf Inn at Symington last week, the service was very good, maybe the waiter could have been a bit more smiley! but they were really busy. The food was excellent, we all had different meals and all were very good. The dessert I has was a cream concoction of Icecream, cream and meringue with chips of Scottish Tablet and toffee sauce, Just delicious. We all really enjoyed our meal and will certainly go back.

• Visited July 2012