All reviews broughty ferry pub atmosphere popular pub hearty scottish breakfast excellent evening pub with rooms clean comfortable rooms golf trip original features couple of nights stayed nights nice room member of staff excellent value for money town centre ales cask
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We'd been trying to sample the food for a few nights - this place gets booked up quickly! Unfortunately a small VERY noisy group stopped us from having our meal in the bar. No consideration for other people dining - we couldn't hear what each other were saying so unfortunately didn't get a meal that night either. I have heard the food is excellent !

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My wife and I stopped by for a few drinks after a nice day around the village and Dundee.
We sat in front of the fire and enjoyed our drinks. The staff were very nice and very helpful when we were looking for anything. The bar was just the right level of noisy!
We will head over here again the next time we are back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Halina M, General Manager at Fisherman's Tavern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hi!

Many thanks for your lovely review! We look forward to seeing you next time you are passing.

Halina

Reviewed 3 June 2018

As a regular of “ The Fish” I was disappointed the chefs specials were no longer on the menu. The new menu has fewer fish options so ordered the tikka chicken skewers. 2 small skewers were presented on a bed of rice along with a mini Nan bread
Initially I thought the advertised tomato & onion salad had been left out only to discover
tiny rice sized slithers of tomato and onion were mixed through the rice.
The chicken pieces were very small and once I cut off the blackened bits there wasn’t much left. All in all a very small portion for £8.99. Come on “ Fish “ step up it’s not all about decor we come for the food too !!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Marchgirl
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Surprisingly high standard rooms, but I wasn't there for luxury, I was there for good value, good food, good cask beer, good pub atmosphere, and friendly efficient staff. This place has all and more in bucketloads. If I ever need to stay in this part of Scotland again I will make a bee-line for the Fisherman's. Lovely seaside walks a stone's throw from the pub. Historic part of town.
Only caveat is that there is no private car park; we had to leave our Rileys (I was there with friends) on the street, but it was safe, no trouble even with the open-top cars, and the locals helped fit us in to available spots.

Room Tip: They have a disabled room that ticks all the boxes; ask the helpful staff if you need this.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed the weekend at the Fishermans Tavern and we literally do not have enough words to describe how much we enjoyed our stay there. From checking in the staff were friendly, helpful and completely genuine. The room was immaculate and even though we had Windows on both sides of the street we really weren't disrupted by any noise. The breakfast was standard full English or choice of cereals however we did order a sandwich from the menu for lunch the fish was fresh and delicious it was brilliant value. I would definitely give my personal recommendation for this hotel and thank you so much to every member of staff i encountered all just such genuinely lovely people.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Halina M, Manager at Fisherman's Tavern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Many thanks for your lovely words - we're delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Halina