We chose Forbes of Kingennie for our wedding and the three main reasons were we could have our dog join us for the ceremony, the setting is beautiful and having eaten there on a few occasions we were impressed with food and service.
We booked our wedding with 18 months to go and can only offer good comments about our experience of booking and Louise who handeled our booking made the process simple and made sure she covered everything with us a few weeks before to ensure we had everything in place to make our big day go smoothly.
I can honestly the say that the day itself was brilliant the staff were all attentive and Ali our MC could not have done more (he even helped Stuart do up his kilt laces properly, and he kindly leant his jacket to a guest who wanted to pop out to take photos at a particularly windy part ofthe day - seriously though all the little efforts did not go unoticed and it is worth mentioning that this contributed to the overall 5 star rating)
The food was excellent with all the dishes (we had a menu choice) being served correctly, it was all very tasty and the portions were a good size ( I could not manage to finish my strawberry shortcake tower)
The setting was stunning and we have some excellent photos (despite the weather being blustery) and the whole atmosphere was amazing
The staff at night again could not do more and made sure everyone had a lovely time.
We stayed in Glen Esk Lodge and it was very comfortable and was in a nice setting , in the woodland area (Liz gave us a lift there when the evening celebrations had finished) We ate in the restaurant the Sunday night and again the food was fabulous and the service brilliant (Liz even took a photo of us showing our wedding rings)
We will definitely be back.
All in all A wonderful experience of a fabulous day. Thanks to all at Forbes of Kingennie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for an activity holiday with family and friends, a romantic short break, the perfect wedding venue, or somewhere to celebrate that special event, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort has it all. With top-class golf and fishing on the resort, the peaceful and unspoiled setting is also home to some of the very best luxury woodland and waterside lodges in Scotland. Its location makes it the perfect spot to explore Scotland's glorious countryside or play a round or two at the world's best know golf courses nearby. Conference and business meetings, and events are all catered for too, with two events suites on site that benefit from glorious views over the countryside. In the heart of the countryside, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort enjoys easy access to major towns and cities. Dundee is only 6 miles away, while Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forbes Of Kingennie Hotel Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Country Resort Dundee, Scotland