Had lunch at Kingennie today. Asked for a fresh apple juice each to be told 5 minutes later that they had run out. 2nd choice - fresh orange juice. Can't even describe what it tasted like but it was off - the 'manager' even agreed and then proceeded to tell us she had looked at the other stock in the kitchen and it was a funny colour!
Food came - soup/sandwich combo (did not pay for) as bread was sticky and doughy - accompanying leaves were just that - not a salad. Burger meal was made with cheap, doughy roll - slice of processed cheese and frozen chips (inclusive of black/bad potato bits.) Have had a better McDonalds!
Advised waiter of all of this at the end - to be advised when the kitched is busy the chef can't check for 'bad chips' etc and really the waiter should have checked. Charged for burger meal and also charged for orange juice which was off - had to drive back to get refund for the £2.70 juice!
Have been to Kingennie many times and enjoyed. Have attended many weddings there too. Will never go back and will make sure people I know are aware of it's very low standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are looking for an activity holiday with family and friends, a romantic short break, the perfect wedding venue, or somewhere to celebrate that special event, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort has it all. With top-class golf and fishing on the resort, the peaceful and unspoiled setting is also home to some of the very best luxury woodland and waterside lodges in Scotland. Its location makes it the perfect spot to explore Scotland's glorious countryside or play a round or two at the world's best know golf courses nearby. Conference and business meetings, and events are all catered for too, with two events suites on site that benefit from glorious views over the countryside. In the heart of the countryside, Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort enjoys easy access to major towns and cities. Dundee is only 6 miles away, while Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Forbes of Kingennie Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forbes Of Kingennie Hotel Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Dundee
- Forbes Of Kingennie Country Resort Dundee, Scotland