“Chinese Delight”

Add it.
The New Dragon
Ranked #82 of 152 Restaurants in Dumfries
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Went to New Dragon on Sat 1 April. Didnt book as early. Attended to quickly by friendly staff. Huge menu to select from. We settled for spring rolls. Can recommend the cantonese (3 small)
Son had chicken chow mein. Said it was best chinese he has ever had. I had chicken peking. Gorgeous.
Large portions. I couldnt finish mine. Free prawn crackers.
Service was quick and efficient by friendly staff. Decor could do with some updating. I would recommend and will hopefully revisit soon. Sits opposite cinema.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Had a lovely 3 course meal last night ,ribs for starter ,prawns for main ,Irish coffees were amazing to .All in all will defo recommend to anyone .friendly funny staff with good sense of humour .Will defo be back soon .

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Visited the New Dragon for a leaving party for a colleague from work and I have to say that I am very impressed with the service.

I was along the first of three to arrive out of the ten that the table was booked for, and we had our drink orders taken swiftly as the others arrived. Staff were very friendly and got the drinks to us quickly.

As the others arrived, they also had their drinks orders taken in a timely manner which also arrived quickly.

Food portions were great size wise, and they tasted amazing, I personally had chicken fried rice with sweet and sour sauce and I was absolutely stuffed afterwards. Chicken was cooked to perfection and the sauce added a great zing which made me clear my plate.

Overall, everyone was impressed, and we all agree that we would be more than happy to return to this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Today for lunch I visited The New Dragon located at 91 English Street Dumfries with my gran and had a really delicious Chinese lunch which consisted of prawn cocktail followed by Chicken sate served with fried rice washed down with Appletise all of which was absolutely delicious. Other reasons for liking this restaurant are that the place is clean, the staff are friendly especially our waiter today who was really chatty and friendly and the welcome is warm.

I would recommend this place

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Food is always good whether you sit in or take out. If you get a take out or delivery they will let ou know how long you will have to wait especially when it is busy.