All reviews courtyard bistro opposite the railway station good size business trip traditional hotel jacuzzi bath town centre night porter steak lady on reception lovely hotel four poster bed enjoyable stay stayed here for two nights warm welcome full scottish executive room
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a business trip and the fact that it is located close to Dumfries Station was key.

The hotel staff are friendly and very helpful.
My room was clean and tidy, but a little tired. I understand that they are upgrading the rooms on a rolling basis, but unfortunately i did not make an upgraded room.

Breakfast was excellent.

I was very happy with my stay at the station hotel and would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dawn A, General Manager at Best Western Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your review, I am glad to see that you found the staff friendly & helpful it is what we strive to achieve. I am sorry that your room was a little tired, Next time you stay contact myself and I will look at upgrading you to a refurbished room if available.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights. Hotel is clean, bed is super comfortable and nice views. The rooms are spacious. The only gripes are in the bathroom: bath plug doesn't seal, shower is falling off the wall, toilet seat is only attached at one side and the water pressure is poor. Otherwise cannot fault the hotel: staff are nice, lovely to have a coffee machine in the room and common areas, though dated, are comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mhairi B
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

There is more to like than not. Staff are very helpful and pleasant. Room was very clean and good size. Bathroom and shower were spotless and good size. Breakfast was good particularly staff who try very hard to please.
Negative pillows need replacing. We were asked if we wanted a paper. Which replied yes times. Expected this outside door in the morning as stated in doco. Apparently held downstairs. Next day told night porter forgot to order it. Little I know but it’s the little things that make a difference

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed over for one night on our way through to Ayr, the hotel is lovely, rooms are clean and staff are very friendly and helpful, we had a great meal in the Bistro downstairs. The decor and furnishings in the bar could do with a refresh but that didn’t deter from a great night. Breakfast is made to order and was a refreshing change from the usual buffet style breakfasts on offer. All in all highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a last minute break to visit friends in Dumfries.
On arrival the reception staff were very pleasant and ensure we knew where our room was situated on the 3rd floor. Informed that breakfast was served in the bistro which was in the basement
On attending at the room it was very clean and adequately furnished for a 3 star hotel. Wi-Fi available in all areas.
The towels were spotless and fluffy.
I would have given this a 5 star review but for the decor being dated, especially in the bar area. The seats were well worn and the tables were scratched.
Staff in the bar and bistro were again pleasant and attentive. Breakfast was the usual fare in a hotel of this standard. Hot food was cooked to order.
If I stayed in the Dumfries area again I would consider rebooking this hotel