All reviewstown centrestayed herewhilst touring scotlandnice dining roomoff street parkingyoung girlbed linenthe main housewould definitely stay here againwalking distancenice breakfastsingle roomb and bguest houseroom was largecooked breakfastcolin
Reviewed 11 October 2016

I visit Dumfries at least once a year and this is the best B&B accommodation I have came across. The annex room I stayed in was very clean and warm. The shower had good pressure and was piping hot. The owner Colin was very helpful and the staff were very friendly. I would really recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: The annex suited me fine. Very quiet with your own front door
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016

The annexe is nice but it has a poor wifi connection. Breakfast room is in the main house and is good for wifi.
Nice pre ordered breakfast, you fill in a menu daily.
Muddy footprints on curtain in the annexe. Not Colin`s fault but someone mucking about lying on the bed mucked up the curtains.
Colin`s dog walks about at times at night and you can hear him if you stay in annexe, shuffling about other side of bedroom door which backs on to main house.
Gorgeous dog.
Good value all told.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellling1964
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Unfortunately I was only staying for one night - passing through - but I was made very welcome on arrival by Colin and he gave me useful tips, where to go in town etc.

My room was really nice to stay in - airy and bright - and very clean.

Breakfast was great - wide choice and very tasty - I needed a good fry-up for my journey ahead.

Will be staying here again if in this part of the world.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Strabanejohn
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Great, comfortable stay. The room was immaculate. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and well cooked. Really sorted out the wedding hangover! You could not get a better location. Colin is a great, attentive host. Could ask for much more than £30

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Danny M
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We dropped off our luggage at 9.00am, Colin is a great Hotelier, his home is truly your home.. shower was amazing, bed was to die for, wanted to take mattress and pillows home, never slept so good. Breakfast cooked to order. Will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple