“A shambles”

Morrisons
Ranked #2 of 2 Quick Bites in Hawick
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Have had 2 or 3 bad experiences here from stale sandwiches to appalling service but today took the biscuit. Went In as a group of 4 and ordered our lunches, one of us was told she could only have the sandwiches on offer even though I know they can make them to order! The service at the till was surly and obstructive! My 3 friends had long eaten their lunches and mine still had not arrived! We called the waitress, who in fairness was obviously trying very hard to deal with the shambolic organisation of the place, she chased up the order and told me ,after about 10 minutes, it had been 'lost', we waited another 10 minutes and gave up as all my friends had to leave! I left with no lunch and a grudging refund!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank demelza1770

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Last minute decision to have a meal here with my daughter and grandchildren, mistake!
We waited ages on our food which was luke warm, over cooked and tasteless. Food quality is poor.
Lesson learned we won't be back.
Also the toilets are a disgrace.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I often visit for fish and chips with veg and a drink at the weekend. Parking is always available and convenient that you can keep an eye your vehicle through the window while you eat. Food is plain fayre and portions are plentiful and delicious. You can choose to have either peas, beans or mushy peas with the fish and chips and a regular sized drink currently for only £6 which is a very good offer compared to takeaway prices elsewhere for much less. Staff are always helpful and polite. The cafe area is clean with plenty of space not to be claustrophobic in any way. Access for wheelchairs is easy. Layout is good with easy access to condiments and cutlery. I'd recommend it to anyone for a cheap eat.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Usually eat here on a Tuesday night, some of the staff are absolutely terrible they look like they can't be bothered and food is usually dried out before it reaches the table as the staff are too busy doing not very much from the look of it and most of them have really bad customer service, has been getting worse over the few weeks I think a change of venue for the weekly tea out with the kids is definitely in order.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

One for real foodies.

From the moment we walked in, Jean (front of house) ensured we had the best seat in the place.

Sausages straight out of Bavaria. Chicken Kievs so stupendous you’d be forgiven for thinking you were back in the good old USSR.

Don’t even get me started on dessert. I thought I’d died and gone to tart heaven. It truly was a strawberry slice for the ages.

Date of visit: February 2018