“A ray of sunshine”
Review of The Almond Tree

The Almond Tree
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Hawick
Description: Serving from 9.30 AM until 4.00 PM Monday - Saturday Free wifi Our menu has a variety of hot rolls, paninis , toasties, baked potatoes, hand cut sandwiches, salads, ploughmans lunch, and homemade soup of the day, also a very good selection of homemade cakes and scones which are all made daily on the premises and to your order. We also cater for small functions and phone orders are also accepted. Please phone for details. CHECK OUT OUR NEW MENU COMING SOON
Reviewed 1 November 2018

This is a not for profit community cafe, a ray of hope in an otherwise drab town. It offers employment to those who might otherwise struggle. The food and service were fine. The only meant to be constructive comment is that the supervising staff need to allow vulnerable staff a chance to get on with things that, make mistakes, learn from them and grow in confidence.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I don't know what it is about this cafe, think they've changed their coffee. Used to be alright but last few visits, the coffee hasn't been the best, quite weak.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I visited your café at lunchtime today(12pm - 12.45pm), normally I go for a late breakfast (between 10.20 am and 1045 am and have a toasted teacake) but today I had the Soup and Pudding special which was Carrot and Coriander soup which was hot and delicious, (I didn't eat the roll it came with), along with the pudding of Apple Crumble (again I swapped the custard with cream), once the Apple Crumble came, I delved into it to discover it was overcooked or something, I could not taste the apples, just crumble. I am usually a fan of your puddings but today it wasn't for me sorry. I will be back as I like visiting your café when i'm along the street myself.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I was told this was the place to eat and we had breakfast here! It was great to see the young folk getting a chance and the smiles on their faces when you spoke to them ! The food was great bacon and sausages in fresh rolls. Coffee and tea and all at a great price! The cafe was clean and tidy and busy yet the service was outstanding!

This is a a great idea the local cakes were superb and this is the type of enterprise we should support! Local folk local produce and a great local product.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Staffed by enthusiastic and helpful volunteers, the food is freshly prepared and excellent value for money. Superb home-baking and excellent coffee.

Date of visit: August 2018
mogsHome, Manager at The Almond Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment which is very important to us, our volunteers and staff work really hard to make the cafe what it is.