“Good value”
Review of Oban Bay Hotel

Oban Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel with friends at the beginning of September. We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast 2 night deal, which was excellent value for money. The rooms are basic but clean. We enjoyed both breakfast and dinner and the two nights we spent in the bar, overlooking Oban bay. We would happily return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_ObanBay, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lesley1000,

Thank you for taking the time to write review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such a good time and I will share you comments with the rest of the team.

David McGhie

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Ate a hearty meals consisting of Oban’s local produce at the Atlantic bar including the catch of the day once we arrived. Our room was not ready. Finally when we went up stairs to a lavish stateroom overlooking the bay. Later that evening I used the onsite the steam room, sauna and outdoor hot tub -- the views from the hot tub of the bay was pastoral as the sun set.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Edtay I,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us, especially the food and the views. I hope you can stay again with us soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at the Oban Bay Hotel for five nights recently. We had room #4 which did not disappoint! It had a beautiful view of the bay and a large four poster bed. I highly recommend trying to get this room as some of the rooms may not be as nice. The breakfast was large and delicious. And it was a lovely walk along the bay to town. Staff is young but friendly and dinner was good too. Yes, the carpet is old, but don't let is ruin your stay. The lounge is very comfortable and you can drink or eat there looking out at the bay. loved it. Also - if you need help with your luggage, they are happy to oblige - just ask!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 and it was fabulous

Dear nuyorka,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you had such a good stay. I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team, who I know will be delighted to have made a difference.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a shame. Fantastic location, perfectly fine really but just so rough around the edges. Nothing actually wrong, just background mediocrity in so many areas as several other reviews suggest. Letting itself down when it needn't do so.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Thom B,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am grateful for your feedback which I will share with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

The hallway to our room had a carpet that should have been replaced years ago. Frayed, dirty - just awful. The room was nothing special. Just the basics, nothing else. The lift could stand a good cleaning too. The restaurant? Well, it was fair to good. My wife's salmon was quite good, my steak burger? Well, not so good. There are lots of choices in Oban. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_ObanBay, General Manager at Oban Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear EltonWG,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. The hotel has much to offer guests including great views and an excellent location, friendly staff and great food.

David McGhie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oban
33.0 km away
1.0 km away
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#10 of 13 in Oban

Been to Oban Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK