Kilchrenan House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 163
US$ 159
US$ 277
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$ 208
US$ 180
Toprooms.com
Muthu Alexandra Hotel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsporridgewhisky or sherryb bwee dramguest houseon arrivalview of the waterthe ground floorwarm welcomebreakfast was excellentbay windowgreat hostslovely guesthousescottish breakfastwithin easy walking distancetown centrea wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely couple running the business, staff incredibly helpful, well located a short walk from the town, with beautiful views and a lovely breakfast to round off a wonderful visit. Highly recommend this and would happily go back.

Room Tip: Get advice from Colin on where to eat, ferries and so on
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
KILCHRENANHSE, Owner at Kilchrenan House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review Kilchrenan House we really appreciate your positive feedback and so
pleased to hear you would recommend looking forward to seeing you again. Frances, Colin and all the staff at KilchrenanHouse

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Due to a missed flight connection, my fiancé and I arrived a day later than planned in Oban. Frances, the B&B hostess couldn't have been more helpful with our travel disruptions. Unfortunately we had to leave very early the next morning to catch the ferry to Tiree and were unable to partake of breakfast. We got a great dinner recommendation from France's husband - the Cuan Mor with the best sticky toffee pudding. You can walk to the restaurant from the Kilchrenan House, so you don't have to feel guilty about enjoying the delicious pudding!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Oban on our trip south from Skye to Lake District. This B&B on the main waterside road, was perfect. Very large and beautiful room (9) with a waterside view, welcoming sherry, convenient and walkable to town center and restaurants, and private parking. Hosts were helpful and accommodating.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank capesteve
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely overnight stay with great hospitality, fantastic room with beautiful en-suite and large comfy bed. Exceptional Scottish breakfast. 5 minute walk into Oban . We would definitely stay here again can't fault this hotel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Kilchrenan House came highly recommended from another B&B host, and since they are right on the esplanade with full views of the ocean it fit the bill perfectly. Since I was winging my itinerary I wasn't able to book a full week here, but was happy I got the chance to stay for a few days. Easy walking into town, close to both a woodland walking path, a sandy beach, the war memorial, Dunollie Castle, and directly across from the shore it was a perfect homebase to explore Oban.

Frances is an amazing host and I wish I could bottle her high energy and add it to my morning coffee.

One tip: if you're tall you'll want to avoid booking a top floor room (attic conversion for you Americans) or you'll have to be careful not to hit your head on the corners. I'm short and still had to pay attention. But it was clean and bright and lovely and I'd gladly stay here again. The good news, you can pick your room out on their website, just don't wait til the last minute like I did.

I wasn't driving a car but there is ample parking for those of you that do.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo