“Good Location”
Review of Kilchrenan House

Kilchrenan House
Ranked #11 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Booked the only room left at Kilchrenan House through Booking.com. After speaking to the owners it is better to book direct to avoid the extra costs.
The owners were very nice and Kilchrenan House is in a perfect location.

The large rooms in the main house look lovely, we were in a room to the back. The room was very small and obviously the price we paid reflected this.Unfortunately we found the room run down and shabby, not the 4 star accommodation we booked.

If booking request one of their 4 star main rooms, you will pay more but you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms to the front of the main house are large with lovely views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JUL3619
KILCHRENANHSE, Owner at Kilchrenan House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Thank you for your review we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion I have taken forward your feedback from your response to my email. Don’t think there is much point in going through it. I really wish you had come and seen us at the time and we could have tried to rectify your room. We ask all of our guests about their stay, we want to get it right for guests to enjoy.Word of mouth can be very powerful.It can also be so detrimental to your business if the guests chose to review without us knowing anything about their problems. As your email stated

You run a business, you know how hard it is, You work hard for our holidays you wanted to spend quality time together, I can totally understand this and I personally would have addressed the problem immediately not stay for two nights say nothing go home and write a review. I really hope in your line of business people are more open and upfront at the time. Apologies once again

Reviewed 9 July 2017

B&B is in a quiet street with a beautiful sea front view. Warm welcome from Colin and Frances. Our room was large, full of space. Excellent breakfast with a lot of choices. Easy to park, easy to find... Hightly recommended !!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We stayed 3 nights using Kilchrenan House as a base for visiting the islands and area near Oban. The breaksfast set us up for the day and Colin made us sandwiches when we had to leave early on the last day.
Plenty of storage space in our room and binoculars to watch the boats.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Kilchrenan house is an excellent place to stay for a wee holiday to Oban. I went with my Gran (just her an I) and we both loved it.

So, first impressions are : the house was very grand from the outside and the main hall had an old fashioned but very Homely style to it. Which helped set the scene for an Oban holiday.

The room : The room was amazing (room 2). Again quite old fashioned but that style was welcomed. The room had brown polished chest of drawers and matching side tables. It had tea and coffee and even fresh complementary water accompanied by four lovely glasses. The bathroom was up a small set of stairs with a beautiful shower and nice duck ornaments (Good Choice Frances!). The beds were very comfortable, it's a shame I had to get up early every morning to do tours

Breakfast: I love breakfast , which means my breakfasts need to be good or I'm not happy.
But you'll be happy to know that I was happy, in fact I was very happy which means the breakfast was very good. You may order a cooked breakfast from writing in a leaflet of what you want in the morning, the options are vast and you'll never make a bad choice because all the options are good no matter where you come from. You also have the option to take cereal from the buffet and juice etc. From the buffet.

Location: I have nothing much to say about the the location apart from that it's good because your only a 5 minutes walk from the centre but far away enough that you don't have the constant scent of fish and chips lingering around your nose.

The hosts and staff were just brilliant, so very friendly, approachable , caring and attentive. You simply oils not get much better. I can assure you if you, you'll never feel ignored at kilchrenan in fact it's kil-crakin. It's not just a house your getting , it's a wonderful home.

Than you Frances and Colin and everybody else for making my stay so memorable!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We had room 5' --- spectacular. Broad view over the harbor and out to the islands. Firm bed, lovely duvet, fun bathroom with clawfoot tub. Watching the sunset as the tide came in was a perfect end to our day.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple