US$ 171
  • Breakfast included
US$ 107
US$ 97
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 116/night.

US$ 104
US$ 125
US$ 122
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Invercloy Guest House(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
Grove House(Connel)
US$ 205
Strathnaver Guest House(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
All reviewsporridgewhisky or sherrywelcome drinkguest houseon arrivalroll top baththe ground floorview of the waterwarm welcomebreakfast was excellentbay windowoban baygreat hostsscottish breakfasttown centrelovely guesthousewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Oban. Oban itself was lovely and we found the people very friendly and welcoming. We were lucky to have some really good weather which made it even more enjoyable. What really made our trip to Oban brilliant was our stay at Kilchrenan House. Colin and Frances could not be more welcoming and friendly and went out of their way to help with my Mum who has some mobility problems. Both rooms we had were lovely and very comfortable but my parents room on the ground floor (room 15) was extra special with a big bay window looking out to sea. Breakfast was great with a lovely choice, so there was something for everyone. The service was always with a smile and there was a lovely atmosphere in the home which was largely due to the staff that work there. I would not hesitate to recommend this bed and breakfast and would love to return there one day very soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

one of the most comfortable , clean and friendly bed and breakfasts i have the the joy of staying in every year .Jim and Margaret .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We have stayed at Kilchrenan annually now for 5 years and do so because it is of consistently high standard.Colin & Frances look after us very well from welcome drinks, to breakfasts, to recommendations for evening meals. We always try to book Room 15 on the ground floor for its size and the the view to the harbour & Kerrara. As a bonus we found a magic restaurant about 3 doors up at the Queens Hotel which has really good food,and is not expensive.

Room Tip: Go for 15 on the ground floor or 5 on the 1st
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed in room 12 at Kilchrenan House, it was a lovely room, spotlessly clean with breathtaking views.

I was given a warm and friendly welcome from the staff and owners. Breakfast was excellent with a great selection on offer.

Overall a truly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2012

It's no wonder that people feel that they cannot say anything to the owners during their stay at the Kilchrenan when you read the way the owners have reacted (somewhat aggressively) to reviews when there has been something bad to say. I read the reviews after I had made the booking and probably would not have stayed there if I had seen their comments previously. My experience of the Kilchrenan is as follows: on arrival the front of the property looks somewhat messy, the small garden area is full of weeds, the garden bench outside the front door looks very shabby/in need of painting and beside the bench is a pot full of water and cigarette stubs. The hall is quite dark. The greeting from the owner was quite nice although he was not over friendly and was dressed in tracksuit bottoms which in my opinion does not give a good impression but wouldn't matter to a lot of people. He asked us to complete a form stating what we would like to eat for breakfast the following morning, I really don't like to have to do this as I like to make my decision at the time, I might not feel like eating what I have chosen the previous night. Our room (No.11) was nice, spotlessly clean with lovely crisp white sheets although very small. There was a chocolate brown throw on the bed which came off straight away as these never look as if they get washed after every stay to me although I am not saying that is the case at the Kilchrenan. The view was lovely and even though the room was on the side there was nothing obstructing the view of the sea. The en suite was nice although the toiletries were not good quality. Both myself and my hubby found the bed quite uncomfortable and didn't have the best night's sleep. Breakfast was lovely but lacking jam/marmalade and the lady would not let us sit in the window even though we were first downstairs, the window table was for another room. All in all I was disappointed with our stay, if I had been paying £50 for it then most of the above would have been acceptable considering, but as I was paying £80 I did expect more. Our following 2 nights on Mull cost £60 per night and the B&B couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debs7201
Management response:Responded 7 July 2012

First of all thank you for your constructive feedback although as stated previously I really don’t understand when guest are asked when they leave if there is any issues or problems they say No. During your stay you would not have met my wife she was away. On reading this review we are both extremely upset. First of all it is not normally that I would wear tracksuit bottoms to greet guest as I was doing some work in the back and there was no one to answer the door. Later on as you would have seen I changed into a smart pair of trouser and shirt. I didn’t realise this would offend and apologise. With regards to the hall being dark there is a chandelier just inside the door with a table lamp next to the reception desk. I feel if we put more lights on it would be too much, everyone is different and entitled to their opinion. There is also a small fire inside the door . The weather that week in Oban like everywhere else was terrible so it was impossible to keep empting out the large pot ( ashtray ) outside for the guest that smoke. This is why it was full of water when you looked, it is emptied regularly. The garden would be normally be treated with more TLC unfortunately you cannot do this unless weather permitting. I agree the bench is in need of repainting and as soon the rain thunder and lightening stopped that is exactly what we did. Thank you for your compliments on our bedroom which is standard size, the bed is nearly 3 years old everything was bought new when we built and finished the extension in November 2009. Sorry you did not have a good nights sleep again everyone taste differs. The brown throw you refer to is most definitely washed and don’t understand your statement. Apologies again if you could not find the jam and marmalade these are behind the juices. Thank you for bringing this to our attention I have since moved these so they can be seen by everyone. Again if you had asked we would have got them for you. With regards to being first down and not seated at the window. It is not always possible. We try to organise the dinning room so that guests can sit with the rest of their party. On the day you stayed we had quite a few rooms that were together. We were unaware that this was so important to you , unfortunately there is only four seats at the window. My wife normally deals with the seating arrangements. We do not demand that you fill out a breakfast slip we ask , this prevents waste and lets us organise breakfast. We do have guests that say can they let us know in the morning and this is not a problem.
I hope that this will not put other guest off from visiting Kilchrenan House and they focus on the last raving reviews and ignore the fact that we cannot control the weather, that our dinning room only has four tables at the window and when it is thundering, lightening and pouring from the heaven we cannot give the TLC the garden deserves. I know it is only four pounds room 11 is £38 per person per night including breakfast and as other guest have stated well worth it. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Kilchrenan House .