All reviewsnational holidaysshearings holidaysea viewself driveentertainment every nightthe dining room staffcoach triphalf boardgreat holidaybar pricessuperior roomplenty of hot watersea fronteach eveningbreakfast was buffet stylelong weekendan upgrade
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Just back from another break at the Bay Western . We had a great time ,even the weather was fine !! , Hotel room lovely and clean with plenty of white fluffy towels , tea , coffee, milk etc but no biscuits !! anyway we bought some at the local shop . Food seems to be getting better , and all staff in hotel are very pleasant , and the biggest bonus is the lift is working again, see you again in November x

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Melise B, Manager at Bay Great Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi gra18762,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Great Western Hotel and glad to see you have re-booked for November! See you soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I have just returned from Oban. The hotel was very roomy with lots of options for relaxing with sea views. Our room was well placed at the front with a sea view ( 115 ) nice and quiet.
The staff were all helpful with exceptional service in the restaurant. Manager moved our table on request, and our waitress Aniszia was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 115 with sea view

Hi John,

I do agree that our Premier Sea View rooms are spacious and I am so glad that you had a great holiday with us. Anasztazia will be pleased to be mentioned in your review and I will let her and the rest of the team know of your lovely comments.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Great location staff friendly breakfast very good rooms basic but clean general appearance inside the hotel looks tired with plaster and wallpaper coming off in places and carpets looking worn.
Parking on site if available is £6 per night best to book this ahead as space is limited

Stayed: September 2017

Hello kevinelliott,

Thank you for your review. We do have a yearly refurbishment programme in place and issues are being rectified within our Victorian Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and hope you come to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Hotel very clean ,staff friendly and helpful. Food excellent and a good choice on menu . Entertainment on most nights good and varied also a quiet room with a lovely view if preferred. Bar a bit pricey .

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Hi DotHynes,

I am very pleased that your stay with us at the Great Western Hotel was a pleasant one. We do pride ourselves on excellent Customer Service and I am so glad that you found our menu's to be excellent and of good choice.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We went with Shearings 19th to 26th August. Hotel clean and pleasant but the main thing was the food in the restaurant. My husband has coeliac disease and is gluten free. The chefs Craig and Josh and the waiters and waitresses especially Illy from Hungary had an excellent knowledge of gluten free food and went out of their way to ensure my husband had 3 lovely courses for every evening meal unlike other Shearing Hotels where they just provide the basics. My husband was especially pleased with the puddings that were served - cheesecakes and gateaux almost every night. Well done to all the staff at the hotel who were very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a beautiful view of the bay but back rooms are a bit dingy and dark
1  Thank philpurple