US$ 205
  • Breakfast included
US$ 107
US$ 96
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 124/night.

US$ 92
US$ 89
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 104/night.

Tanglin B&B(Oban)(Great Value!)
Priceline
US$ 102
US$ 95
Agoda.com
All reviewsl occitanenespresso machinel'occitane toiletriesbluetooth speakerbose sound systemstation hotelyoga matrecently refurbished hotelferry terminalfew issueslovely hotellarge bedroomno air conditioningperfect locationharbour frontwatch the worldwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Good location, right in the middle Oban. All things are within walking distance. Facilities in the hotel are satisfactory. WIFI is good. Hotel condition is new and clean. The breakfast is buffet which i would say is average. We did not eat at the hotel therefore unable to comment. All in all good hotel stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had an elderly family member on holiday in Oban, who taken poorly and had to be collected and taken home. Having driven for 12 hours the Perle Oban Hotel where magnificent, the squeezed us in at the last minute and were just so helpful. The next time we go to Oban I know where we shall be staying.

Room Tip: Sea from rooms are the best, too see the sunset over the Isle of Mull is just so beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bobmarks2017
Reviewed 18 September 2017

They young man at reception was very welcoming. He showed us to the room and explained things gave us a map etc. We ate at the Brew company . Did not like the male waiter he did not know the menu , could not answer my questions regarding the meals without running back to the kitchen , and he came across as sarcastic . At breakfast ordered brown toast and tea immediately .My husband had already finished his breakfast and still waiting. A polish female waitress I asked about it .Stated I have been waiting for ages , her reaction was to start using her language so felt quite insulted ! She disappeared and never came back. Another young male waiter arrived and Thanked us for coming to breakfast. He was the one who took my order for the brown toast and tea initially so finally it was sorted. We did not like the customer service . The room was smelling musty which started my asthma off There is no car parking , took us ages to locate where we could park which was like 10 minutes down the road at the ferry car park .And had a ton of heavy luggage to walk back with .Cost 5 pounds for 24hr car parking. So did not enjoy the experience and should have stuck with my original booking elsewhere . We were on a road trip from NZ and paid 259 NZ dollars to stay here. The same price it cost for us to stay at a castle in Northumberland which did get a perfect score from me. I think more staff training is required .

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Perle_Oban, Guest Relations Manager at Perle Oban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear wittsNz,

I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing time. It is absolutely not our usual standard to have our staff seem sarcastic or rude. I will make sure to speak to them and get to the bottom of it. Although I am glad to hear that it was resolved.

Regarding the room smelling musty, I'm not sure how this could be the case, we have't ever had this issue but we would have changed your room immediately if you had informed us that it was making you feel uncomfortable.

We do not have our own carpark due to the central location but there are lots of carparks very close to us - 1 minute or 2 minute walk away which we list on our website.

If you would like to discuss your issues any further please contact me directly nina@perlehotels.com

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed here overnight whilst completing the last leg of the NC500 and weren't disappointed. It has recently been refurbished and so the rooms and en-suites are to a very high standard. They have a lovely restaurant and coffee shop/bar that have great cocktails. The only downside for us was lack of staff available at breakfast the following morning. Breakfast was served until 10:00 and we ventured down at 09:15 to find most of the tables still full of dirty pots, we were waiting around for the bain maries to be replenished with hot food and no one came to ask us if we wanted tea or coffee.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a great view, but can be noisy from traffic and revellers

Dear 19dad,

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We were short staffed for a short period of time at breakfast so I'm sorry that you did not get to experience the usual standard of service. We hope you will the next time you visit the hotel as we hope you will return!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This hotel is lovely, in a great location with professional receptionist. Unfortunately it stops there. We were put in a room overlooking the main road, traffic was non stop until gone midnight then it started again at 4am, we did not get much sleep during our 2 night stay! We asked to move rooms but they were full although bookings.com had availability...go figure!
The room we were in had a wonky floor, I understand it's an old building however it dipped at the bottom of the bed pushing you towards the tv, not very safe. We went into the room at 4pm on the first day and there had been no cleaners, no replenished towels or loo roll, we had to say at reception.

The breakfasts were a shambles. We were placed in the overflow restaurant as the tables were all taken, very strange as most of them were empty. We were then left to sit for a while before I had to ask for coffee&toast. These came out separately, no coffee in a carafe 2 cups handed to us and no milk, had to ask for that too! Then it was the cooked b/fast or should I say oiled b/fast and sloppy watery scrambled egg. I asked the waiter if they did fried eggs, 'sorry no was the reply'. I saw a guest had one so I asked another waiter and he said 'of course'. So we got our cooked b/fast got stuck into that nearly finished it and 2 fried eggs arrived on 2 dinner plates which was transferred onto our nearly empty plates, they were covered in oil and mine was raw. Then came the toast. Really!
Day 2 cooked b/fast hot plates had hardly any food in them, asked for these to be replenished. Then the fresh orange was empty. No butter or milk on the table and dirty cutlery. No one seemed to be in charge, 4 people wandering about all doing there own thing. Not impressed! One of the worst b/fast experiences we have had abs we travel a lot!

The hotel has potential, it needs a Manager to take control, train staff and set procedures and structure.

Not sure we would return!

3  Thank WWTraveller_11

Dear WWTraveller_11,

I am sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing time. Unfortunately due to the central location of the hotel it can sometimes have some noise, this is very rare that it can be heard in the room.

I am very sorry to hear that breakfast was not to our usual standard. Unfortunately we did have a temporary period where we were short staffed and clearly you have been affected by this. We no longer have this issue and would ensure that if you were to return you would have a very different experience so I truly hope this unfortunate experience has not put you off returning to the hotel as I can assure you it is far from our usual standards.