Malmaison Aberdeen
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,331 results
All reviewssteakrelaxation roomspa managerdrench showerthe lower ground floorgirls nightroll top bathjunior suitespa treatmentsmini barafternoon teabirthday treatsunday nightcooked to perfectionlovely hotelbar and restaurantlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Had booked this hotel to give it a try as I had been to the previous one which was the Queens Hotel but has been bought over and renovated by Mal Group.
Although quite extensive moderisation had taken place the hotel was dark due to the low lighting and hotel colour scheme . What I did not like was the music that blasts out in th bar all day and night and these hotels should realise these places are not just for young people but older people as well.
The room was well appointed but we had en executive room which is well worth paying that extra.
We booked dinner in the resturant and was very disappointed with the standard here, the food was bland with a not very good menu and if I had seen the menu before I booked I would have gone elsewhere

Would not recommend this hotel for the over 50's but it will be suitable for the younger element

The gent at reception overcharged me and had to ammend bill and he never once asked if I had enjoyed my stay so I will not be going back to this hotel

Room Tip: Do not book dinner go next door to Simpsons restuarant
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Pricy, but an excellent hotel, very good restaurant, helpful staff, a must for me in Aberdeen due to location

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, the standard of the rooms are very high with a quality bathroom. One of the delights of my stay is their brasserie; a fantastic breakfast you get approx half a pig and it sets you up for the day. If you get chance to get a booking in the evening, go for the signature steak. Wow fantastic, the best of Aberdeenshire beef.

Just to manage expectation, the food far out ways the service as this can be slow at times. But if you can accept that and it's a little pricy then it's well worth a visit.

Room Tip: The modern part of the hotel seems to be better
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Food is great, particular the breakfast. Service all round the hotel is great but I would think twice about staying here again as the place stinks of urine, mainly in the bar and corridors. This is not what I would expect from a hotel of this stature. The bar is mostly carpeted and I think the regular spillage of drinks and poor cleaning methods have created this awful smell, same in the corridors where our room was. It is a shame as other than this it was a great place to eat, drink and relax.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Hotel is charming and comfortable located about 20 minutes walk from shoppign and dining. The rooms are not uniform, so if you don't like it yours - ask to be moved. The bathrooms have a separate shower from the bath - and the showers are very very small (may be normal for scotland), The rooms are equipped with a mini fridge and wireless - which is nice. The beds are very comfortable - I enjoyed staying on the 2nd floor. A very quiet space. Be sure to include a breakfast in your stay - they are lovely! The cooked breakfast with the smoked salmon and eggs is devine. One strange thing - my room did not have an alarm clock. I had to request a wake up call each morning.

Room Tip: The rooms are not uniform... check your room out, and if you don't like the layout, ask to move to a different space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business