All reviews close to town centre union street cheap hotel road noise definitely stay here again weekend stay buffet style clean rooms very pleasant stay train station apartment
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Stayed for a weekend bed and breakfast.
Lovely hotel 5 minutes from train station and just off union street so close to bars and restaurants.our room was spacious with all amenities you could need away from home and was very clean.the only thing was their was a lot of stairs and no lift so not for anyone who is maybe not so mobile.breakfast was great buffet style but you can ask if you want something different.the restaurant also has a dinner menu but we never tried it,and has a small bar if you like sitting in a hotel at night.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 10 November 2016

My husband and I had a snack lunch here two days ago. Chose the soup and sandwich.
Deiicous home made mushroom soup, sandwiches lovely. Wonderful value £7.99 for two
people , the service was ver good served by a very nice you lady. will certainly return when next in the area.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 13 October 2016

for what we paid couldn't fault it.were given a room on the third floor which was unsuitable for me but within 5 minutes were given a room on the ground floor.the room was basic but pleasant enough plenty of space for clothes etc.

Room tip: if you cant handle stairs ask for a room on the ground floor when booking.there is no lift.
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We arrived at the hotel, to be greeted by a very welcoming lady on the reception, this is where the enjoyment ended!

We entered our room which had very dated décor, I went to hang my clothes up and this is when the wardrobe handle fell off. I then noticed that the complimentary biscuits which were left in our room had been opened and half eaten! We reported both of these as I didn't want to have to pay for the damaged door. I later noticed that the bathroom roof had mould spores on it.

I got out of the bed in the morning after the worst nights sleep ever, the hotel in general and surrounding areas are very noisy during the night. We went for breakfast, I selected my food from the breakfast table and noticed that the scrambled egg which I had put on my plate had a hair in it. I gave the plate to the waitress as there's no way that I could eat it. I told her about the hair, she apologised and proceeded to the kitchen. When she came out she went she went straight over to the scrambled egg on the hot plate.......and wait for it.......she stirred it and then left it out for other guests to continue to eat it!!!!

Upon check out there was no one available at reception so I spoke to the night porter, who apologised and got me to fill in a comments form.

Room tip: Don't go!!
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of nights and found HH to be fine for a quick overnight although if comfort is your thing maybe best looking more upmarket. Ideally located for the town and a very nice meal in the downstairs bar. Will stay again.

Date of stay: September 2016