All reviews high tea chicken maryland union square train bus station main course busy road bit dated shopping centre tea and coffee kettle
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel for a one night stay with my boyfriend, I phoned to try get early check in and was refused so had to get ready for a day out somewhere else. When we then went to check in the staff were nice enough. We went to our room, taking the lift that felt like it was away to break down any minute then when we got to our room, it was nothing like any of the pictures shown on the website. All but one plug in our room never worked making it hard for us to use electrical goods/ charging our phones. When going for a shower the next morning before checking out I realised ALL the towels were covered in make up stains/ looking dirty and the shower kept going cold. I Would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I stayed at this hotel bed and breakfast for 4 nights from 20 to 24 March 2018 and overall I enjoyed the experience. I was in room 219 in an economy double room for single occupancy which was situated on the second floor at the front of the building, meaning that it was very noisy at night. (I bought earplugs in Union Street which helped). The room was spacious with a modern bathroom and tea making facilities. Breakfast was served from 5.30am in the week so by the time I came down for my breakfast some of the hot items were rather dry. Breakfast was basic with all the essential items available, toast, eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the public areas in reception, the bar and restaurant are bright and modern.
I would return to this economy hotel available in the city centre at a competitive price

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We booked and had room 108 , there were at lot of fungous in the bathroom.
The tapestry at the entrance was loose , probably due to fungous but not sure about this.
The heating system out of order in the room , apparently for a long time.
The door could not be locked from the inside.
That was the worse hotel room I have experienced in my life.
Requested an other room and the friendly lady changed the room to 318 which was a bit better.

In the morning went to check the status of room 108 , again a hefty stench of fungous.
The attached pictures document this.
The management of this hotel should know that fungous is a health risk.

Again if you can avoid this hotel there are better options nearby.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Someone recommended afternoon and high tea in this hotel to me a while ago.
My hubby and I went for afternoon tea on Wednesday.
It was very good value and recommendations do not lie.
We were £7.50 each.
3 types of sandwiches - Turkey,boiled ham and egg.
Scones with jam and cream.
Cakes- ginger cupcakes, cinnamon slices coconut slices.
Had a pot of tea and had top ups if required.
All in the one price.
The hotel lots posh and expensive from the outside and probably people go past and never think of it.
If you read my reviews you will know I am fed up with fast food chains and mostly same foods so if you are looking for somewhere different at decent price like me this place is worth the visit.
Had a look at high tea menu and we are going back within the next few weeks.
Found out when talking to people lots of people go quite often when meeting in city.
They all keep going that says it all.
Can't wait to try high tea.
Will let you know how it goes.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Linda M, Manager at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Granny615,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the hotel for afternoon tea. We were delighted that you really enjoyed your afternoon tea and found it very good value. Our high teas are also very popular and we hope you manage to come back to try them out. Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night at a very inexpensive rate. The hotel is a classic Victorian building opposite Union Square. I had a single room which was warm and cosy with good bedding and toiletries. The sole window was too high to have a view and there were a few minor maintenance issues...loose tap in the bathroom and panel in the lift was slack. Excellent value for a mid week stay and good location for cinema,Tivoli Theatre and restaurants.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo