The Mariner Hotel
US$ 106
US$ 82
US$ 120
US$ 113
Ibis Aberdeen Centre(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
  • Restaurant
Skene House Rosemount(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 90
Orbitz.com
Agoda.com
Palm Court Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
Agoda.com
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
US$ 66
US$ 116
US$ 95
Priceline
US$ 67
US$ 65
Priceline
All reviewsgreat western roadsmoked haddock with poachedrestaurant for yearsthis family run hotelgreat pub foodacross roadcullen skinkfish piea large car parklarge bedroompopular with localsfluffy towelsthree coursesbed and breakfastsuperior roomtea coffee facilitieson arrival
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Small cosy hotel within easy reach of city centre. All the staff I met were friendly and polite, the room was spacious and comfortable with the whitest bed linen I have ever seen. The hotel bar was warm and friendly with a good selection of whiskies and a good real ale.
However the breakfast was by far and away the best breakfast I have ever been served in any hotel I have stayed up to now, both for quality and quantity, I will definately make this place my first choice when I go back to Aberdeen.
My only minor criticism I would have liked blackout curtains in the bedroom as I do wake early if the room gets light.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank grahammckenna
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I've stayed at the Mariner a few times in the past year. I've had nothing but good experiences. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable. The for is top-notch. The bar is cozy and relaxing.

Room Tip: Room 24 -- the suite -- is well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Offshore2long
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Recently had a meal at the Mariner for my Step-son's birthday - the hotel were aware of the occasion and made his birthday meal a special one!

On arrival we were shown to the most magnificent glass topped carved table with a bottle of fizzy thrown in. Michael served our table and his natural charm and bonhomme made us all feel most welcome and relaxed.

Now to the food - I had Lobster Laksa on a cucumber salad and I have to say it was one of the best starers I have ever had. My complements to the chef who got the balance of flavour, spice and texture spot on. Next I had Dover Sole italienne ( a butter sauce with fresh tomatoes and olives) it also comes with another sauce but I forget what it was - prawn and something I think. Again this was perfectly cooked and given the size of the fish, at £19 cheap as chips. The Key Lime pie was next - given the portion sizes I can only imagine it was the excellent cooking that made me go for desert, cause I'm not a big eater. Again the lightness of the filling was excellent, albeit I would have liked a little more zestiness.

To finish my review I will compare the Marnier with the other well known fish restaurant in Aberdeen, the Silver Darling - there is no comparison. I have eaten at the Silver Darling a few times and the Mariner wins hands down, for quality of food, abience, service and being an Aberdonian - value for money. If you love your sea food give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Charming hotel that always offers a warm welcome , friendly helpfull staff and a good menu whether in the restuarant or a bar meal always my first choice when visiting Aberdeen usually on a weekly basis

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed here by accident after being 'bumped' out of another hotel. We weren't quite sure what to expect but this small/medium sized hotel ticked all the boxes for us. The bar food was excellent, the bar had a good atmosphere, they were very teenager friendly, the location was close to the city (5 mins in a cab) and the staff very friendly. The superior room we had was clean and spacious and the room rates were very good value. We'll stay here again.....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
plato42, Owner at The Mariner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Thanks for your lovely review.
there was quite a bit of 'bumping' went on that weekend with the Walker Cup - glad you were happy with said 'bump'!
(also happy that the boys won too!)
hope to see you and the family again soon...