My wife and I visited this B & B a couple of years ago following a review in this website and a cheap deal from Ryanair(completely free flights).
First impression on arriving by taxi was not good as firstly we went through an obviously strong republican area with tricolours on lamposts etc. and then entered what appeared to be a rather dark, down at heel street, however the B and B itself was well lit up.
On entering we were pleasantly surprised with nice, bright and clean accommodation and a very friendly welcome from the owner, Steven. we were the only guests that night and Steven advised us that we were in the top floor bedroom as he though we would appreciate the view but we were welcome to change lower down if we preferred. We did n't change as both room and view were fine. The breakfast was good also( not the biggest I've ever had but OK). The information we were given about all the local sites, pubs etc from Steven helped us have a very enjoyable visit to Londonderry and daylight showed the surroundings to be a lot better than it looked on arrival. We were there for 4 nights and as it was my wife's first visit to Northern Ireland we took a day trip on the service bus to Belfast and did the tour bus thing there. The location of the B and B is only a 5-10 minute walk to the Town Centre( 15 mins. on the way back as its uphill) and we walked most of the time to all the various places we went to visit. We hope to return someday and would recommend this to anyone looking for good accommodation. This may have changed but Steven told us that if we had booked directly with him by phone we would have saved £10.00 per night compared to the web price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Derry, Serendipity House features panoramic views of the city and its historic walls. Derry Cathedral is only a minute's walk away.Serendipity House B&B was named one of the ‘12 Best Bed and Breakfasts in Britain' by The Times newspaper.Serendipity House offers comfortable, modern accommodation. All rooms include luxurious beds, power showers and individual decor. Free Wi-Fi and tea/coffee facilities are also available.Serendipity has a spacious decking area and a dining room. Foyleside Shopping Centre is an approximately 5-minute walk from Serendipity, while the city’s numerous bars, restaurants and shopping centres are less than 5 minutes away. Free on-site parking is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Serendipity House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Serendipity House Hotel Derry
- Serendipity House Derry, Northern Ireland