1,020 results
All reviewsmain barcity centretwo double bedshen partylovely hotelgreat atmospherethe grillfirst classnext morningmany thanksfew drinksexcellent staygreat weekendcourse mealjazz festivalone night staywould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2018

The hotel looked good from outside and both bar and restaurant are nice but the rooms are quite poor, but what I was most concerned about was the shower, to turn it on you turn large metal dial but I found out the more you put the pressure up the temperature went up also so I slightly burned my arm when on finishing my shower when I turned the dial the wrong way so could have been really bad. Couple of other complaints I have was that there was a lot of building work going on so a long lie was out of the question and also when we were checking in we were almost through and ready to receive our key cards when receptionist took a call and left us standing there for another 10 mins, very rude.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Natasha O, Brand Associate at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Hi Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this forum.

I am disappointed to read you had such trouble with our shower, had reception been made aware of this we would have been able to have maintenance fix or could have allocated an alternative room.

Maintenance is being carried out on our new Bistro which is located at the far end of the building away from the accommodation side so thankfully we have had minor disruption to our guests.

I will look into the comments made in reference to check in as this would not be our normal standards.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Hi all, just 3 days in Derry city, wonderful place, we stayed at the day Vinci hotel about a 15 minute walk to city centre or 5 minute cab trip which cost 3 pounds, lots to see and do, from the peace bridge to the hop on hop off, which was very informative you get to learn the history and culture of the city 12 pound per person under 12 goes free 10 pound over 12 years, lots of good restaurants we ate in the exchange which is pricey if on a budget otherwise treat yourself food was excellent staff very friendly and helpful nothing was a problem, as was same in quay side restaurant,lots of great shopping to be had as well foyleside has every shop you need, also Richmond centre, if you just wander around you,'ll find great bargains, hotel was excellent beds comfortable and big, fresh towels every day and cleaned, staff helpful and friendly, I would strongly recommend as a weekend away or mid week that you visit Derry, well worth trip you won't be disappointed,

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank shirleymccloskey

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Da Vinci's Hotel.

We are delighted to read your comments from your stay here in Derry and are so glad that you recommend us so highly!

I have passed on your comments to the team

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Booked this hotel at the start of this year and was amazed to get a great price. Being the first time I would be travelling to the city, I checked out the hotel online and looked at pictures etc. and everything seemed great. Very good reviews. So, I was full of hope.
After a long drive, we arrived at 1.40pm. We asked the mane on reception if we could leave our bags until check in. "You're very early, rooms aren't ready til 3" was his response. I explained that I understood that, I was only asking to leave bags. I then asked if someone could give us a call when the room was ready and was again met with "Rooms aren't ready til 3" I again explained that I understood this, but being our first time to the city, we wanted to explore, especially with the festivities on around the local area. Asking again if somebody could call, the man then gave us a 'dirty look', exhaled deeply and rolled his eyes at us. He did not respond this time but did start typing on a computer. One of his female colleagues could overhear everything and asked him what room number he was looking for. He told her and it was ready. Turns out it had been ready all along. Had this rude man checked if it was ready at the start, this whole situation could have been avoided.
We arrived to the room and was immediately disappointed on the interior - with the exception of the carpet, it was absolutely nothing like any of the pictures we had seen online. It was very run down and in urgent need of renovation. The headboard and drawers were all some type of light laminate chipboard with laminate on top. Every single unit/drawer/table had chips out of it. We immediately noticed that the floor did not appear to be serviced. There was a guest directory on the table that was that dirty and dusty, I actually had to clean it before opening. Beside the directory was some Visit Derry information and a few other bits and pieces of literature.....and a dirty sock from the previous occupants. Totally unacceptable level of housekeeping.
The bathroom was lovely and clean, the only gripe I have is that there was nowhere to set toiletries apart from an already crowded shelf above the toilet. The shower was fantastic with great pressure. The room was very, very warm the whole time and without air conditioning. We found it extremely difficult to sleep and with being on the ground floor, it was terrible with the window open with all the noise coming from the car park, especially when the hotel bar emptied out that night.
We debated whether or not to bring this all to the attention of someone and decided we would speak to reception when we were heading out. Unfortunately, each time we passed reception, it was the same rude man from check in working. After the check in experience we had with him, I did not feel like it would be a pleasant experience making a complaint to him so did not bother.
We noticed in the room that we could avail of a late check out at 2pm for £15. As we had plans the next afternoon, we thought we'd take advantage of this. Unfortunately, the same rude man was on reception so he was the only person to ask. I almost knew what he was going to say before I had finished the sentence - "No, we're full sorry." and put his head down and ignored me. Didn't check. Didn't try and offer an alternative solution. Just a plain 'No'. I am not sure if this man is a senior member of staff, is one of the owners, or is up there with the owners, but I really do not think that he should be an ambassador for your hotel. He clearly has some sort of issue with being helpful and only wants to do the bare minimum for his guests.
I checked the hotels website, as well as 3 different travel sites online, and could see that the hotel was not, in fact, 'full' the next night. So, not only is this man rude, he has also now lied directly to me. When leaving the hotel for the evening, we asked again (this time to two lovely, helpful and friendly ladies on the desk) about checking out later. They didn't even have to check availability or lie about being full, just simply said "yes, we can give you until 12pm complimentary, would that suit?"
We ate in the bar that evening and had wonderful steaks and the service we received was fantastic.
It is a shame that the hotel has this man in employment in the capacity that he is, as coupled with the extremely poor housekeeping, this has put us off entirely for returning to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Simon W
Natasha O, Brand Associate at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Simon W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this forum.

We are currently looking into your feedback and will revert back to yourself directly as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience in the mean time.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a week at Halloween fantastic hotel , lovely and clean, rooms are great so big and beds are very comfortable. Staff are really helpful and friendly , food is braw and so is the Guinness looking forward to my next trip over all booked up within a week of checking out for the following year

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Hi Clairedeneese,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this forum.

We are so delighted to read that you had such a great stay that you re booked for this year! I have passed on your lovely comments to the team who will love to hear the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing Halloween in Derry

Reviewed 16 July 2018

stayed in Morrison suite. Very nice room, big TV, comfy bed, nice sitting area. Big windows in room but be aware there is no view to speak of, just looking out to the back of other buildings, outside of windows could do with a clean but room overall very clean. Breakfast was just ok though bar meals were very good and reasonably priced. Staff were all friendly, main bar good, plenty of TV's for sports watchers.
overall a good hotel and would return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markybfs
Natasha O, Brand Associate at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on this forum.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our Morrison Suite and are delighted to read your lovely feedback about our team, main bar and food!

I have passed on your comments in reference to our breakfast to our Head Chef

We do hope we will welcome you back again in the near future

Best Wishes