1,020 results
All reviewsmain barcity centretwo double bedshen partylovely hotelgreat atmospherethe grillfirst classnext morningmany thanksfew drinksexcellent staycourse mealjazz festivalone night staywould highly recommend this hoteltea and coffee
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I would like to comend Da Vincis for their excellent choice of staff.
We were stranded like many others last tues night when derry and inishowen were flooded. We "camped" in the foyer of this hotel and Leigh who was on desk duty, went completely out of his way to accommodate. Us. We had car trouble and he helped us with that and he also gave everyone blankets so thank you Leigh. For your help and kindness on such a bad night. Anne and pat Alcorn. Donegal

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Anne,

Thank you for the 5* review and for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. Leigh will be delighted that he was able to help you in your hour of need. I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to Leigh, we are very lucky to have a great team at the hotel. We do look forward to welcoming you back to Da Vinci's Hotel in better circumstances in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I needed to be near a Derry Airport for a night so stayed at Da Vinci's Hotel. It was a very average experience.

The staff at both Check-In and Check-Out were basically going through the motions and not particularly welcoming or warm. However both experiences were quite efficient and my Airport Taxi came quite quickly after being called.

The room itself was quite nice and the bed very comfortable. Bathroom was adequate and had good quality wall-mounted toiletries. The bathrobe as an extra was a nice addition and not seen so often anymore in standard rooms.

I dined in the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. The food on both occasions was average and lacking in flavour. The waiting staff seemed very surly on both occasions as well. The staff in the bar were not particularly friendly and seemed more interested in chatting with the locals and serving you when they are ready.

Da Vinci's Hotel is fine if you want a bed for the night when passing through Derry. However I would suggest to skip taking meals there and not to expect a warm welcome or thanks for custom given. But their rooms are good - to finish on a positive note.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am disappointed to read your comments about our staff and food. Can I ask you to forward through details on when you stayed with us so I can investigate the matter further? My email address is natasha@davincishotel.com. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Found the staff to be pleasant and informative. They moved rooms around at short notice to accommodate our business needs.
The breakfast is substantial and plentiful, using local produce.
Bar service is good, although the bar can get busy at times. Bar food menu isn't huge, but is well-cooked and pretty good value for money.
The hotel rooms are modern, scrupulously clean and spacious, although the bathroom could benefit from a more predictable shower.
I've enjoyed my stay so far.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that all aspects of your stay impressed you! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team, they will be delighted by your comments about their efforts. Please do keep an eye on our hotel direct website for special offers or details on forthcoming events. We look forward to welcoming you back to Da Vinci's Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a double room, was surprised how small the "double bed" was considering the room was large. There was a couch, a desk , a coffee table , a work desk and two armchairs. Everything was clean and in working order. The bathroom was clean but was missing grout on the tiles by the bath . There was plenty of hot water and towels but the provided toiletries were basic.
I would rate this hotel as a three star only and think 120 pounds without breakfast was too expensive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Managers at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to read your comments about your review. We always get such great feedback about our rooms particularly the size and facilities. I will pass on your comments about the bathroom to our maintenance team for them to investigate further.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

A massive shoutout to Leigh in Da Vinci's who was outstanding and welcoming to myself and a friend when we found ourselves stranded in Derry during the flooding in Derry & Inishowen. Although the hotel was fully booked, he look after us both and around 9 others. He brought us blankets, tea/coffee and company. Nothing was too much bother for him, he is a credit to your hotel. Thanks very much again, we will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank anngmclaughlin
DaVincisHotel, Sales & Marketing Manager at Da Vinci's Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Ann,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on this forum and for your very kind words. We are lucky to have a fantastic team at the hotel and are pleased we were able to help in your hour of need. I will be sure to pass on this review to Leigh and the rest of the team, he will be thrilled that you have taken the time to highlight your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Da Vinci's Hotel in better circumstances.